The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

How ethnically diverse is rhul, how many black and mix race people are there?

How ethnically diverse is rhul, how many black and mix race people are there?
Reply 1
Does it matter?
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by TheHansa
Does it matter?

For a lot of my black friends it does. My friend lived in Cornwall for a few months and everyday/every other day somebody would ask to touch her hair or point at her. I do see where she is coming from when she asks.

But OP there are. It's London right?
Reply 3
Original post by TheHansa
Does it matter?

i am not racist, i am balck my self, and i am not even that kind of person who like to stay only with black people as many people do in my town, i like mixing with everyone, it was just a curiosity.....cos when i visited the uni i saw only one black guy there.....also hope people are not racist or something like that
Reply 4
Original post by -Liberty
For a lot of my black friends it does. My friend lived in Cornwall for a few months and everyday/every other day somebody would ask to touch her hair or point at her. I do see where she is coming from when she asks.

u've got the point before i moved to uk i used to live in Austria and it seemed to live in a zoo...
It's London right?

lolno
Reply 6
Oriental 40%
White 40%
Rest 20%

IMO
Reply 7
There are lots of internationals, particularly those of Asian descent, but there aren't that many black people, no. I think there were two black guys living in my block last year (so out of about 100-odd?) and no black girls. However, my black friends haven't encountered any racism (as far as I know) and they haven't had any problems making friends and feeling settled.
Reply 8
not many, I havnt seen any black ppl in rhul, mostly there are white, 95%.

:frown: That happens to me. OP RHUL is in London (not sure how central it is) so there should be a handful, in most universities you will find yourself in a minority anyway.
Original post by chronic_fatigue
OP RHUL is in London

still lolno
Reply 11
Original post by Deiidara
not many, I havnt seen any black ppl in rhul, mostly there are white, 95%.

No way is it as high as 95% white.
Yes majority white then chinese/japanese/korean etc asian then indian etc asian then some black students.
Reply 12
As others have said, the majority are white (which is true at most universities), but that said RHUL is very ethnically diverse there are a lot of Asian (mostly Chinese) and British Asian (mostly from London) people here. There aren't a huge number of black people, but it's not like you're going to get stared at. There's the Afro-Carribean Society if you want to meet other black people and network.
Reply 13
Original post by toastehmonstah
still lolno

PRSM, haha. :biggrin:

I love it when people claim that Royal Holloway's in London...Makes me laugh and both die a little bit inside at the same time.

Quick Reply

Latest