The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Accounting - Help!!

I am trying to get geared up for next month's A2 AQA Accounting exam, and am wondering:

a) is anybody else on TSR taking it?

b) What are they finding easy/hard? :frown:

and, most importantly,

c) CAN ANYBODY DO A CASH FLOW STATEMENT PROPERLY!! :s-smilie:

Please HELP!! I just cannot get my poor little-big-head around those darn Cash Flow Statements!! Any tips or shortcuts? :confused:

Thanks and Good Luck in advance to you all (on both revision and any exams you invariably have!!) :colondollar:
Reply 1
Original post by simonbellringer
I am trying to get geared up for next month's A2 AQA Accounting exam, and am wondering:

a) is anybody else on TSR taking it?

b) What are they finding easy/hard? :frown:

and, most importantly,

c) CAN ANYBODY DO A CASH FLOW STATEMENT PROPERLY!! :s-smilie:

Please HELP!! I just cannot get my poor little-big-head around those darn Cash Flow Statements!! Any tips or shortcuts? :confused:

Thanks and Good Luck in advance to you all (on both revision and any exams you invariably have!!) :colondollar:

Hey I am doing AQA next month ACCN3 which includes the cash flow statement questions. It took a while to learn the template but once you have learnt that it is just simply putting in the number! You should be fine
Original post by sanjj
Hey I am doing AQA next month ACCN3 which includes the cash flow statement questions. It took a while to learn the template but once you have learnt that it is just simply putting in the number! You should be fine

"Should be fine..." FAmous last words!! Having said that, I have got 70%, 70% and 70% in ACCN 1, 2 and 4; (got a D for ACCN1 originally and retook in January, thought I'd seriously screwed it but still got a B!! But somehow contrived to get a B first time for the two harder units!! Illogical; why am I doing accounting with logic like mine?!?!) :confused:

Am now doing anything I can to get that magic 70% again!! I have something of a reputation...

Yes, ACCN3 is the exam next month!! Love Incomplete Records and Partnerships, seriously hate Cash Flows and Statements of Movements of Non-Current Assets (or whatever the darned things are called!!)

Any help with shortcuts/tips for helping learn the template of the dreaded CFS's appreciated!! :ahee:
Reply 3
OMG.....i'm on the same page as u, seriously badly wanna do well in these papers
Cash-Flow statements, can be sometimes really really gay

The other annoying thing is that there arent that many past papers in Accounting. So even worse :frown:
Original post by ajurin224
OMG.....i'm on the same page as u, seriously badly wanna do well in these papers
Cash-Flow statements, can be sometimes really really gay

The other annoying thing is that there arent that many past papers in Accounting. So even worse :frown:

Glad to see I am not alone!!! Yes, I think "gay" is about the best word you could use here!! :smile:

You know wha? Screw reviosion, lets just improvise!! :tongue:

Quick Reply