The Student Room Group

Rebekah Brooks charged - good example of arrogance

Just been listening to Rebekah Brooks discussing her charge on Conspiracy to Pervert.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18062485

It really was yet more proof that she (and by inference, the Murdoch heirarchy) believes she is above the law. Not only was she challenging the right of the CPS to charge her, she wants them investigated for their cheek in pressing charges.

Clearly they wouldn't in a million years have taken this drastic step if there weren't solid evidence, but politically it shows how dangerous the Murdoch stable is - Fox, the Times, the Sun - they all believe they control the state and not the other way around.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Can't believe how much I hate these unelected media oligarchs, always telling us which way to vote and what to think. Hobnobbing with prime-ministers, deciding which government gets elected and getting unfriendly ministers booted of committees deciding weather or not you can break/bend the rule about monopolies etc. etc.
Whilst i'm not surprised by such arrogance, I absolutely deplore it.
She should be strung up by her ginger locks and flayed alive.
Reply 2
YES!

Now let's get Murdoch

Hear the ginger mare whine!
Reply 3
Original post by Stacy93
Can't believe how much I hate these unelected media oligarchs, always telling us which way to vote and what to think. Hobnobbing with prime-ministers, deciding which government gets elected and getting unfriendly ministers booted of committees deciding weather or not you can break/bend the rule about monopolies etc. etc.
Whilst i'm not surprised by such arrogance, I absolutely deplore it.
She should be strung up by her ginger locks and flayed alive.

What pisses me off even more is that people listen to them and fail to realise that all of the media has a bias including the BBC. Why don't people read around and think for themselves.
Reply 4
She and her husband are complaining that she has been the victim of a media "witch-hunt".

This coming from the woman who was the editor of vicious tabloid newspaper.

Oh, the irony.
Reply 5
I'd like to celebrate with a song:
Reply 6
Original post by Borderline
She and her husband are complaining that she has been the victim of a media "witch-hunt".

This coming from the woman who was the editor of vicious tabloid newspaper.

Oh, the irony.

Yeah, I'm surprised she didn't threaten to hack the CPS's phones.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending