The Student Room Group

OCR persian exam AS/A2

Wondered if anyone else doing this exams !

Scroll to see replies

Hi
I am doing it tomarrow!
Original post by Einsteinium
Hi
I am doing it tomarrow!

How was it!
Wondered if you know how many mark we can loose to still get an A!
It didn't go as good as I thought it would be, but I think I am going to get a B at least. and for last year it was 116 marks for an A. I think one of the listening questions were wrong.
Original post by Einsteinium
It didn't go as good as I thought it would be, but I think I am going to get a B at least. and for last year it was 116 marks for an A. I think one of the listening questions were wrong.

Wondered what prep you are gonna do for A2 one..
listening took me a long long time cuz was worded weirdly in some cases!
remind me again 116 out of 160 right?
well that's piss! it s like 72.5% !!!!:eek:
116/160 for an A is piss indeed!
You should see the A grade boundaries for Turkish or Dutch! :redface:
Are you from Iran originally?
Original post by thatitootoo
116/160 for an A is piss indeed!
You should see the A grade boundaries for Turkish or Dutch! :redface:
Are you from Iran originally?

yh- u 2 huh? !
Apparently the A2 is a bit harder -any prep you do ?
Original post by arvin_infinity
yh- u 2 huh? !
Apparently the A2 is a bit harder -any prep you do ?

Kool :biggrin: How long have you lived in UK? & Nono xD I'm doing the OCR Dutch AS tomorrow!
& I'm originally from West Africa! :lol:
Ya but you do get 15 minutes extra! The translations will be the other way round for A2, maybe practise doing some Persian to English translations!
Reply 8
OCR dutch tomorrow, what is the grade boundary for an A??

thankssss
Original post by mo-holland
OCR dutch tomorrow, what is the grade boundary for an A??

thankssss

Omg, your name mayun! i'm gonna have some serious fresh out of the flemmish farm competition tomorrow! :lol:
The grade boundary tends to go up every year :frown: 135/160 should be just about safe I reckon!
Wondered what prep you are gonna do for A2 one..
listening took me a long long time cuz was worded weirdly in some cases!
remind me again 116 out of 160 right?
well that's piss! it s like 72.5% !!!!:eek:

I am no going to do anything for persian, because I got other exams...
and for an A* is exactly 90% of marks, so 145 if im right :/
Dont think I am going to get the A* anyway. are you in year 12?
Reply 11
Hey guys! I am doing my Dutch AS too tomorrow! Dutch is my first language, but i've lived in England for the last few years so am slowly forgetting it..... :/ slightly worried as I haven't had time to revise! Sadly i think the grade boundary will be very high as there's mainly dutch nationals sitting it i reckon (although i'm the only one at my school!). Good luck everyone!!!
So...does anyone esle think they might have gone way over the word limit on the final question? :lol:
Reply 13
Did anybody else think that was a really hard As dutch paper this morning?
Reply 14
Omg, your name mayun! i'm gonna have some serious fresh out of the flemmish farm competition tomorrow! :lol:
The grade boundary tends to go up every year :frown: 135/160 should be just about safe I reckon!

I am not flemmish hahaha.. I am from Holland :biggrin:
and I can't understand how someone, who doesn't has dutch as his first/second language can do this exam?? I bet some people from Holland can't even answer some questions that came up on the exam.. what did you think about it?
I am not flemmish hahaha.. I am from Holland :biggrin:
and I can't understand how someone, who doesn't has dutch as his first/second language can do this exam?? I bet some people from Holland can't even answer some questions that came up on the exam.. what did you think about it?

Now that didn't cross my mind when I wrote that! :wink: and IKR! the Dutch papers are so much more demanding than the likes of Spanish & French, etc! I think they design the paper to suit the level of Dutch expats, not learners! :lol: I found it ok, though i'm bricking it 4 the A2 exam next week!!:eek:
Reply 16
Now that didn't cross my mind when I wrote that! :wink: and IKR! the Dutch papers are so much more demanding than the likes of Spanish & French, etc! I think they design the paper to suit the level of Dutch expats, not learners! :lol: I found it ok, though i'm bricking it 4 the A2 exam next week!!:eek:

hahaha
you will be fine dw!
Reply 17
Wondered if anyone else doing this exams !

Hey! I want to do the exam next year in January so I've got summer to prepare for it. Do you know where I can find a OCR book to revise from? And how did you revise for it and how did it go (like what were the Questions like...etc)
Do you think it's worth doing. I'm sorry I'm asking loads of Questions at once :tongue:
wondered if anyone else doing this exams !

how was it!
Wondered if you know how many mark we can loose to still get an a!

Original post by einsteinium
it didn't go as good as i thought it would be, but i think i am going to get a b at least. And for last year it was 116 marks for an a. I think one of the listening questions were wrong.

ocr dutch tomorrow, what is the grade boundary for an a??

Thankssss

Original post by elsie0210
hey guys! I am doing my dutch as too tomorrow! Dutch is my first language, but i've lived in england for the last few years so am slowly forgetting it..... :/ slightly worried as i haven't had time to revise! Sadly i think the grade boundary will be very high as there's mainly dutch nationals sitting it i reckon (although i'm the only one at my school!). Good luck everyone!!!

Original post by squirtle_x
did anybody else think that was a really hard as dutch paper this morning?

How did we all get on in our language A-levels people!??
(edited 11 years ago)
Fine...I'll start :tongue:
AS Dutch: b
A-level Dutch: B.

I'm chuffed to bits with that tbh! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest