The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by somethingbeautiful
Finally got onto the results page.

2:1 - GET IN!! I'm so happy right now, I think I'm just going to go outside and skip! :biggrin:

Get in there! :woo:
Gah, being messed around by the sodding hospital-they moved my operation to Thursday then said actually they can do it tomorrow now. And I'm not sure I even want it any more.
Original post by jelly1000
Gah, being messed around by the sodding hospital-they moved my operation to Thursday then said actually they can do it tomorrow now. And I'm not sure I even want it any more.

:hugs: I know it must be annoying, but it will be worth it in the end :hugs:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone App
Reply 3303
Still looking for a job. But I really think my only chance for this summer is with the local safari park and tons of students apply there so ... :frown: I'm just so bored and my finances are awful so I can't spend any money to do anything apart from what my parents pity me with.

So nervous for Results day on Friday! :eek:

Original post by outlaw-torn
Also got my second interview with Endsleigh for a freshers sales jobs - I have already had a phone interview and today I have to take with me a p46 form, and copies of my passport and student card.. Sounds promising :smile:

I applied for one of those roles. I've had my phone interview think it went well for me. How long did it take you to hear back? I really hope I hear soon either way...
Woo I think I've got some part time work where my Dad works...
Original post by cpdavis
:hugs: I know it must be annoying, but it will be worth it in the end :hugs:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone App

thanks, im trying to think about it logically but i just cant see any real benefits given the one month recovery time
thanks, im trying to think about it logically but i just cant see any real benefits given the one month recovery time

I'm thinking the same about my wisdom teeth op. They hurt quite badly periodically, but I dread the operation and recovery time :frown:
Original post by cpdavis
Get in there! :woo:

:banana:

I'm back on the job hunt now. Got to get some serious Googling in :biggrin:.
Original post by Historiana
I'm thinking the same about my wisdom teeth op. They hurt quite badly periodically, but I dread the operation and recovery time :frown:

oh I had that done last February and if your having it under a general anasthetic then you have nothing to worry about. Your face will be a bit swollen for a couple of days but as long as you take the medication they give you, you shouldn't have any pain- my face hardly felt any different to before the operation. Ice packs and sleeping as close to upright as possible should help the swelling go down quicker. And I'm a big wimp when it comes to these things. And you'll need to stick to soft food after but otherwise you should be fine.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by somethingbeautiful

Also curiosity, where are you graduating from? :h:
Reply 3310
First day of my internship today. It's taking my mind off of my results which are this month sometime.
Original post by Kim-x
First day of my internship today. It's taking my mind off of my results which are this month sometime.

how did it go?
2.1 - LLB Law (Hons) :dance:

Really went to town in my final year, put a lot of effort in. It was all worth it.

Congratulations to those who have received results and good luck to those waiting :yy:
Reply 3313

how did it go?

Chaotic to start with, everyone was queuing out of the door and we ended up having to queue up again for temporary passes. Very friendly office. Think it'll seem odd today as my manager isn't in.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Kim-x
Chaotic to start with, everyone was queuing out of the door and we ended up having to queue up again for temporary passes. Very friendly office. Think it'll seem odd today as my manager isn't in.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

hope you enjoy the rest of it
Our results situation is getting ridiculours now. According to the uni website today is the day our passlist is published, yet no sign of it so far nor my results.
Got my results today, I got a 2.1 for my first year. I feel a little bit down about one module that I didn't do very well in, but that shouldn't affect me too much right? I'm just a bit worried about my transcript when I apply to postgrads. If I do well in that module next year will they overlook it?
Turns out the passlist is for final years only. And looks like I won't get my results now today. The deadline for us to get them is 10am Friday.
Turns out the passlist is for final years only. And looks like I won't get my results now today. The deadline for us to get them is 10am Friday.

That really sucks, waiting is the hardest part imo. I hope you get what you want though :smile: good luck!

And good luck to everyone else waiting!
Original post by lozzyhickers
Got my results today, I got a 2.1 for my first year. I feel a little bit down about one module that I didn't do very well in, but that shouldn't affect me too much right? I'm just a bit worried about my transcript when I apply to postgrads. If I do well in that module next year will they overlook it?

Firstly, well done :biggrin:

Secondly in terms of post grad, I think that as long as you do well in everything else then it shouldn't be too bad, especially if it's a first year module. I have a friend who applied to Cambridge and Medicine post grad (he did a music degree) and got into both, even though he had a third in one of his important modules :teehee:

:hugs: Finger's crossed :crossedf:

Latest