The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: Spy It... Buy It?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
MEL

GET DOWN TO TESCO.

New Cadbury bars yo. With like vanilla cream centre, praline with hazelnut or toffee with hazelnut.

All in support of some sporting event thats apparently coming soon... Olympics I think they call it.
Olympics? Is that some new kind of Cinema?

REGARDLESS, new chocolate? And CADBURYS. This is promising. I may have to have a spy.
Reply 422
Original post by MelissaJayne
Olympics? Is that some new kind of Cinema?

REGARDLESS, new chocolate? And CADBURYS. This is promising. I may have to have a spy.

HA. Genuinely made me chuckle. I bought the 'Gold' bar, Nuts about Gold i think it's called.. Though I was torn between that or Bronze.

I'll inform you presently as to my choice's rating :biggrin: And your feedback would be valued greatly :P

Happy Huntin!
Original post by dani_1991
So I finally bought Almond Soya Milk. It does indeed taste amazing.

Fast forward two hours later - throwing up every 5 minutes. So turns out i have an intolerance. DAMN. Ah well, nothing ventured nothing gained. Sigh.

Had it in my tea recently, pleasant change. Unlucky :frown:
Reply 424
I found it quite humorous that my local Tesco was sold out of the bronze Olympic Cadbury barsbut there were countless Gold and Silver left.
RUSH FOR THIRD PLACE! BRITAIN FOR BRONZE!
Reply 425
HAHA. Aim high England, aim high! To be fair, Bronze is toffee with nuts in, and silver is just vanilla creme. No wonder. Though I'm surprised the Gold - hazelnut pieces with praline - wasn't more popular. Clearly mediocre is our moto!
Reply 426
Also if you're in Tesco, check the muesli bit for a hilarious new BADASS MUSCLEBOUND BRO MUESLI. it's in a tiny black box with a dude's intense eye on the front, and it's called something laughable like XTREME POWER GRAIN or some crap. Can't remember but the box was tiiiiiny and was beside the Jordans etc.
Reply 427
Haha it's like the energy drink for Mike Tyson I saw down the world food aisle... It genuinely made my laugh out loud.

On another note new Wispa Gold Mcflurries. I won't be buying. Damn rip offs
SPIED AND DID BUY..Today, TESCO BARGAIN. Quorn Mince 350g, from £3.07...to 38p? WHAAAAT. I can freeze this. 4 packs, yeah boy
Reply 429
SPIED TODAY:

Another spectacular addition to the special k range in Sainsburys. "Biscuit Moments", a "biscuity slice with a delicious fruit filli..."

Go Ahead slices? YOURE COPYING GO AHEAD?!

At least they pack the "Biscuit Moments" in twos, to adhere to their arbitrary"under 100 cals" rule.
Reply 430
In Ireland for the weekend;

Dairy Milk Tiffin, Mint Crisp and Golden Crisp (the crunchie chips). SCORE.
I can now officially confirm, ASDA sell Tootsie Rolls. And Tootsie Midges I think they're called.
Working today and BAM there they were. Never tried them before, but I so want to.
Reply 432
Dani, the Tiffin is AWESOME!! It's kinda like... Fakey Tiffin, but great. also look out for Cadbury Energy Scroggin. It's BEAST.

Melissa, TOOTSIE LOVE. They're like... Chocolate milkshake powder fudge . They're as chewy as toffee though. Set aside an afternoon :wink:
Hello US of A. Welcome to Asda.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
SPIED and DID BUY

Maryland Snapnacks - honeycomb flavoured

50p at Asda. I recommend them!

SPIED and DID BUY

Krave white chocolate brownie

I tried them dry, and they were OK... but there was hardly any white chocolate filling!

rip off
Reply 435
Original post by MelissaJayne
Hello US of A. Welcome to Asda.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

:eek: I think I need a trip to Asda.
Spied but did not buy:

Because I couldn't for the life of me imagine the flavour. I imagine it would be all artificial tasting, and nothing can replace the amazingness of the cinnamon variety.
Don't get the Strawberry Curiously. Certainly a case of CURIOSITY getting the better of you.
They taste of..nothing. If nothing had a taste.
Reply 438
Finally tried the Golden Syrup Weetabix. Not really a huge fan... had them plain cold in milk and it just felt a bit.. disappointing. I prefer normal weetabix plain, and then if i want a sweet side, i'll add sugar.
Original post by TotoMimo
Also if you're in Tesco, check the muesli bit for a hilarious new BADASS MUSCLEBOUND BRO MUESLI. it's in a tiny black box with a dude's intense eye on the front, and it's called something laughable like XTREME POWER GRAIN or some crap. Can't remember but the box was tiiiiiny and was beside the Jordans etc.

LOL. I saw that. I drove all by myself for the first time ever! Scary biscuits! Went to Tesco and got totally lost on the way back, but didn't crash so that was good. When I was there I spied and bought....

ALL 3 of the new Cadbury Olympics varieties:

(eaten the silver one already - very nice but a bit plain. Essentially a smooth, slightly better, Cadbury Bliss.)
This:

In this flavour, AND Gold Digger Dynamite.

(Had this before from a Polish shop but it was past its best before date and was a bit worse for wear so thought I'd give it another go)

Tesco Swiss Milk Chocolate with Maple Syrup and Caramelised Walnut:

And...

And...

The white choc brownie Crave (I'm not expecting it to be good but it was on special offer)

Also 4 white choc Kit Kats, 4 white choc Kit Kat Chunkies, a Polish crispy chocolate bar, some other stuff I forget and I'm currently munching this, which I got in Australia and is F**KING EPIC.

There's 2 more varieties of Marvellous Creations, which I've also tried, but this is by far the best.

NB: Yes, I do actually eat this much chocolate. :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest