The Student Room Group

Oxford 2012 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnimalSpirit
Any Scots around?! :biggrin:

Hey. Haha. Anyone know when we hear about accommodation, is it after the A level results come out? I really want to know what we need to take with us.
Reply 21
Original post by medbh4805
:pierre:

thinking rationally about it I'm pretty sure I'm going to get A*A*AAAb (though maybe won't get one of those A*s), which will get me in. It's just the inevitable disappointment that they aren't perfect results :colonhash: ffs

Dude even if they're not perfect you're probs going to Oxford anyway D: x
Reply 22
Original post by -chiquitita
Hey. Haha. Anyone know when we hear about accommodation, is it after the A level results come out? I really want to know what we need to take with us.

Depends on the College.. My college has just sent out all pre-departure information including University and College contracts to sign and return! It is starting to feel real!!! :daydreaming:
Original post by Dnibara
Hi! Whereabouts in America are you from? Also, which college are you studying in?

New Jersey.
I'm reading Classics at Somerville. You?
Ah I wish all the best to those waiting for results. I vaguely remember driving home from my holiday to pick mine up, because for some reason I couldn't get them on the college internet.

Now I think on it, I believe I had chocolate cake on the way back. Whatever happens eat some cake :-)
Reply 25
Original post by -chiquitita

I'm Scotch too - Western Isles. Where you from?

I haven't heard anything about accomadation either, so I assume it'll be after Thursday. Though I haven't actually heard anything at all from Oxford since getting my results.
Original post by candide

I haven't heard anything about accomadation either, so I assume it'll be after Thursday. Though I haven't actually heard anything at all from Oxford since getting my results.

Hi
My letter from Worcester said that accommodation would be allocated and details sent after results day.
(It being a little different for me I didn't read that section until just now).
Reply 27
Original post by sixdaysinthesun
New Jersey.
I'm reading Classics at Somerville. You?

Haha pretty much everything I've heard about New Jersey is negative:tongue:

I'm doing Economics & Management at Teddy Hall
Original post by Dnibara
Haha pretty much everything I've heard about New Jersey is negative:tongue:

I'm doing Economics & Management at Teddy Hall

:colondollar: The Jersey Shore and everything else you've ever seen or heard is an incredibly inaccurate reflection of what New Jersey is actually like. The reality is much less horrific, trust me. :wink:
Where are you from?

Also, there's a facebook group for American freshers; you should join!
Reply 29
Original post by sixdaysinthesun
:colondollar: The Jersey Shore and everything else you've ever seen or heard is an incredibly inaccurate reflection of what New Jersey is actually like. The reality is much less horrific, trust me. :wink:
Where are you from?

Also, there's a facebook group for American freshers; you should join!

Haha I'll take your word for it:tongue:
I'm from Washington! (West coast best coast)

Hmm I couldn't find the group. Do you have a link?
Original post by Dnibara
Haha I'll take your word for it:tongue:
I'm from Washington! (West coast best coast)

Hmm I couldn't find the group. Do you have a link?

Ahh, the lesser Washington, with the better one, of course, being on the East coast. :cool:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/424516130911617/
Original post by candide

I'm from Stirling :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by candide
x

I just realized you go (went, now, I suppose) to the same school as my cousin. :eek3: It's a small world....
Reply 33
Original post by BJack
I just realized you go (went, now, I suppose) to the same school as my cousin. :eek3: It's a small world....

and when your living on an island chain of 4000 souls at the edge of the atlantic, its even smaller!
Reply 34
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!
:shakehand:
:congrats:

Today is a day for just reveling in it: you DID it. You are an Oxonian. Accept any cheers that come your way :bumps:

Spoiler

Reply 35
A warm welcome (and congratulations!!!) to all the people who have met their offers and hopefully soon will be flooding this thread! :wavey:

:beer: :party2:
hey guys :sexface:
Original post by medbh4805
hey guys :sexface:

Nice face :sexface:
Original post by fluteflute
Nice face :sexface:

I like how we're officially part of this thread now :sexface:
Now for the big question: do we add to our Facebook education section our college, or the university?

Quick Reply

Latest