The Student Room Group

Help Preparing for AS AQA Biology EMPA

Hello all, basically my college has been dreadful at preparing us for our practicals, and I just found out that my Biology EMPA for AS task 1 is on the day I get back to college after the Easter break.. and all I have been told is that it is on movement of water through plants. I feel it cannot simply be this simple... I have no idea what to expect, no idea what else to revise or study, no idea what the format for anything is... and I am aiming for an A* in Biology so it is very important I don't suck at this. I was wondering whether anyone else who is doing this EMPA is able to help me know how to revise and what to look at? Like what info your teachers gave you for it? I don't want to be under-prepared :/ Thanks in advance anyone!
Reply 1
Hi

I was wondering is there any questions in task 2 of as bio empa?
there are no questions in task 2, just a graph and results table
and there were about 6 questions in task 1
I did the exact same EMPA as u guys today :* xx
Reply 3
Original post by RachelSaphire12
there are no questions in task 2, just a graph and results table
and there were about 6 questions in task 1
I did the exact same EMPA as u guys today :* xx

Ok thanks, can't believe there's no questions in the AS Bio Task 2
Reply 4
I've already does task 1 and 2, and really they can't give you more information than just water traveling through plants anyway. It really is simple, just revise that area as it will help with task 1, task 2 only asks you questions based on a practical you do, with no knowledge required. Simple as that, really. Do past EMPA papers if you want a feel of how they work, as to where to find them, just search for them on google or something.
Reply 5
Original post by Okkefac
I've already does task 1 and 2, and really they can't give you more information than just water traveling through plants anyway. It really is simple, just revise that area as it will help with task 1, task 2 only asks you questions based on a practical you do, with no knowledge required. Simple as that, really. Do past EMPA papers if you want a feel of how they work, as to where to find them, just search for them on google or something.

What topics should I revise for the questions on task 2, I've got mine today :|

Quick Reply

Latest