The Student Room Group
I'm more likely to get hiccups after eating bread and then drinking something really fast... I never thought it was odd- I hope not anyway!
I always get hiccups after eating bread, especially if it's warm. The best way of getting rid of hiccups is to put your fingers in your ears, and take a huge gulp of water. (Obviously have the water in your mouth first, then put your fingers in your ears and swallow, or use a straw). It's never failed me yet!
Sometimes I get hiccups if I eat bread too quickly or eat too much bread.
yup i get that too, but with starchy stuff not floury stuff
Reply 5
I always get hiccups after bread!! Eat it slower, or drinking something in between bites usually helps.
Yeahh I always get this when eating a hot cross bun! x
OMG i thaught i was a freak, i always get hiccups when i eat toast in particularly, but i love toast, but hate hiccups, its annoying :frown:
I don't know about the bread thing, but my fail-safe way of stopping hiccups is to drink water backwards:

you have to fill a cup not too far off the top, and lean over a sink. Then tip the cup so your lips go onto the FAR side of the cup, and take a sip. Don't know why it works but it does! I think someone told me it was something to do with concentration...
Reply 9
i always get hiccups after i eat rice

Latest