The Student Room Group

Student Finance England - Geographic telephone number

Hello all,

Given all of the recent problems with contacting Student Finance England, I thought it would help if I share an alternative, geographic telephone number for Student Finance England. Unlike numbers that have previously been posted in this forum, this number will go through directly to the assessments team. Hopefully this will help those of you still waiting for your finance applications to be fully processed. :smile:

The number is 01325 21 52 08, and it's available from 9am until 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
Can confirm this. I've also removed the announcement.
Reply 3
They won't take calls saying its for local authorities only.
Reply 4
I did say.. but again my posts are deleted...

I have the correct number but I'm not giving it.

Also I called them and it's the LEA help line/assesment team... not the main one for student finance
Reply 5
I've got a freephone number here: 08000 01 066
Reply 6
For other Geographical numbers start using this.

http://www.saynoto0870.com/
Reply 7
Or a managers direct details

[email protected]
01325 215632
07827 449302
Reply 8
That's not very fair....

HAHAHA
Awesome

She's redirected her mobile to the student finance 08745 number!

215632 gives message "You have reached SFE please check you've dialed correctly"

this is the reason I'm not giving you the proper one

oh and for the record.. the person who posted the information at the daily mail website
(yeah, nice one for putting references)
is WRONG, jane redding is NOT a manager
neither is anyone else they tell you they are...

they tried to do this ot me, but I cought them out...
I asked eomeone else Have you ever heard of "XXXXX XXXXXXXX"
and they said, nope.. not here

Here's a list of staff...
Martin Herbert
Customer Services Director

David Thomson
Head of Customer Contact

Peter Robertson
Head of ICT Development

Stephen O’Connor
Head of ICT Infrastructure

John Rae
Facilities Manager

Mary Edmiston
Senior Manager Business Operations

Derek Ross
Deputy Chief Executive

Mark Evans
Contact Centre Manager, Darlington

Chris Harrison
Head of Processing Services

Stephen Neilson
Senior Accounting Manager

Joanne Harrison
HR Manager

Jackie McGale
ICR Manager

Cheryl Mulholland
Senior Executive Secretary

Les Campbell
Finance Director

Wallace Gray
ICT Director

Chris Andrew
Company Secretary

Alan Dickson
Head of Finance

Alan McLellan
Head of Business Services

Paul Smith
Head of Business Development

Ralph Seymour-Jackson
Chief Executive

Ali Hewison
Customer Insight Manager

Steve Simpson
Head of Human Resources

Fraser Donaldson
Hub Services Manager
Reply 9
The above is merely the senior structure, you'll have team managers in between.
Website down this morning - 30 min plus wait on the phone!!!
I just used 0141 306 2000 and was through pretty much instantly. That's the alternative to the official 0845 number.
Reply 12
Thanks, made a note of it and if I have any problems I'll be giving it a call.

Mardoxx
I did say.. but again my posts are deleted...

I have the correct number but I'm not giving it.

Also I called them and it's the LEA help line/assesment team... not the main one for student finance

Why post that you have it then? :wink: We're not really that bothered, go and play with the telephone for a bit.
Reply 13
I just used 0141 306 2000 and was through pretty much instantly. That's the alternative to the official 0845 number.

no it is not

it is the number to their head office in glasgow and is on the www.slc.co.uk website

I have alerted student finance of this number being publicly available (01325 21 52 08)
and they said that's not one of our numbers [for applications 08/09] it is a number for people whos applications are being processed by their LA

I have also alerted them of this
[email protected]
01325 215632
07827 449302

and they will be addressing the issue shortly.

kthx
Mardoxx

no it is not

it is the number to their head office in glasgow and is on the www.slc.co.uk website

I have alerted student finance of this number being publicly available (01325 21 52 08)
and they said that's not one of our numbers [for applications 08/09] it is a number for people whos applications are being processed by their LA

I have also alerted them of this
[email protected]
01325 215632
07827 449302

and they will be addressing the issue shortly.

kthx

Well that's what the saynoto0870 site gave me and I got through to someone who could help me with my application so it was fine for me.

The fact their advice was useless is beyond the point...:rolleyes:
Reply 15
yeah, they can put you through to the call centre if you call the 2000 number
so who do i ring if I just want to ask when im ment to tell them what bank account to put it in, or whether ill be getting it at all? Im worried as I havent herd anything in over a month.
Reply 17
Illusionary
Hello all,

Given all of the recent problems with contacting Student Finance England, I thought it would help if I share an alternative, geographic telephone number for Student Finance England. Unlike numbers that have previously been posted in this forum, this number will go through directly to the assessments team. Hopefully this will help those of you still waiting for your finance applications to be fully processed. :smile:

The number is 01325 21 52 08, and it's available from 9am until 5pm, Monday to Friday.

I called it the woman was angry saying its for local authorities or something like that even asked the website which i got the number on i didnt snitch so dont worry
Skeppy
I called it the woman was angry saying its for local authorities or something like that even asked the website which i got the number on i didnt snitch so dont worry

Yeah that definitely isn't the right number. I phoned it earlier and she seemed quite annoyed that I had phoned her! Understandable if that is her direct phone number though.
Reply 19
hillanthony
Was just trying to be helpful - Contact details valid as of this morning...

[SNIP]

*******************************************************************************************************
The information from the Student Loans Company Ltd contained in this e-mail is private and privileged. If you have received this e-mail in error be advised that any use is strictly prohibited. Please notify us and delete the message from your computer. You may not copy or forward it or use or disclose its contents to any other person.

As internet communications are capable of data corruption it may be inappropriate to rely on advice or opinions contained in an e-mail without obtaining written confirmation of it. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses, however we do not accept any liability or responsibility for resultant virus infection. Opinions and views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and may not reflect the opinions and views of The Student Loans Company Limited.

The Student Loans Company Ltd registered office is at 21 St Thomas Street, Bristol, BS1 6JS and it is registered in England Company No. 02401034, VAT No. 556 4352 32.
********************************************************************************************************

Ummm... fail? :facepalm:

Seriously, it's not helpful people posting details of individuals; whether they're managers or not. Simply because they'll forward calls/correspondence into the queue. You won't get anywhere causing them more work.

Latest