The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by museobsessed
Hi guys, I'm thinking of starting a blog, mostly about vintage and charity shop stuff. I have a few questions:
how do you make the size of the blog post larger? Blogspot posts only let you have it a certain width and if you're posting pictures it just crops them and makes it look really bad. Any advice? Will I need picture editing sofware?
I've got a good camera but its not an DSLR, is it worth saving up for one of them or do most of you use normal digital cameras?
How do you store all your pictures? Not just ones you've taken yourself but also ones from online, just on your hardrive? surely it will start to fill up pretty quickly.

To make blog posts larger you need to go into blogger. On your homepage you will see a heading called design, it should be under where it says view blog, and above is your amount of followers.

When you're on the design page you go to 'Template designer'. Once you've done this you can either scroll down to layout and choose a template with a bigger section for posts or go to adjust widths to change the layout you already have =].

As for editing, good pictures don't need editing. I've seen too many blogs that attempt to edit but end up using filters that ruin the image. Picture quality usually remains good on blog picture because you're not blowing them up to A3 size or anything. Most point and shoot cameras are great quality these days so I wouldn't suggest getting an SLR if you're only using it for your blog. Spending that amount of money just doesn't make much sense Lol!!
Reply 61
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=fashion

This cannot be improved upon, and you all need to read it.
Reply 62
Original post by jessyfantastic90
by the way I'm following :smile: like your blog

Thankyouuu! :smile:
Original post by AnHuman

Original post by AnHuman
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=fashion

This cannot be improved upon, and you all need to read it.

I mostly agree, other than red lipstick
Original post by IamnotJessica

Original post by IamnotJessica
To make blog posts larger you need to go into blogger. On your homepage you will see a heading called design, it should be under where it says view blog, and above is your amount of followers.

When you're on the design page you go to 'Template designer'. Once you've done this you can either scroll down to layout and choose a template with a bigger section for posts or go to adjust widths to change the layout you already have =].

As for editing, good pictures don't need editing. I've seen too many blogs that attempt to edit but end up using filters that ruin the image. Picture quality usually remains good on blog picture because you're not blowing them up to A3 size or anything. Most point and shoot cameras are great quality these days so I wouldn't suggest getting an SLR if you're only using it for your blog. Spending that amount of money just doesn't make much sense Lol!!

thank you!
Reply 65
Only started mine yesterday but here it is :smile: http://sianwilliamson.blogspot.com/
Original post by sianzena
Only started mine yesterday but here it is :smile: http://sianwilliamson.blogspot.com/

Hi thanks for following my blog. When I click on the link ,it doesn't show the name of your blog on the tab it's just a - symbol. To sort this out just click settings on your dashboard, then it will show title, just enter your blog name so it is easier for your readers to know the name of your blog.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 67
Original post by clo-clo1
Did you know you were on SBFU (search it on google if you don't know, TSR blocks the address)

haha oh wow! what a compliment. people love to waste their time trying to offend/upset me... it definitely doesn't work.

Original post by jessyfantastic90
I already follow ur blog! i love it

awh thank you :smile:
[This is my blog: http://www.thestyleexplorer.blogspot.com/.
/QUOTE]

Like it!
Reply 70

Your blog makes me want to shop too much
Your blog makes me want to shop too much

hahah my mate said that too me :colondollar:

yours looks quite professional. Like a magazine :smile:

Lovely blog! :smile:
Original post by seabird
haha oh wow! what a compliment. people love to waste their time trying to offend/upset me... it definitely doesn't work.

awh thank you :smile:

You know what they say: You know you've made it when you've got haters :p:

People who make sites like that, where they do nothing but hate on other people, I just can't help but think what sad lives they must lead, to have nothing better to do with their time, lol.

I think your blog is great by the way :top:
Reply 76
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
You know what they say: You know you've made it when you've got haters :p:

People who make sites like that, where they do nothing but hate on other people, I just can't help but think what sad lives they must lead, to have nothing better to do with their time, lol.

I think your blog is great by the way :top:

To be fair the blogspot version of SBFU is tame, the tumblr was disgusting and too 'oooh look I can swear on the internet'
To be fair the blogspot version of SBFU is tame, the tumblr was disgusting and too 'oooh look I can swear on the internet'

What site is that? If you can't post the link in the forums, can you pm me it please?
Original post by IlexAquifolium
Lovely blog! :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by tea_cakes
Thank you! :smile:

This comment is probably getting old lol, but I also absolutely adore your blog! :love: The stunning photography combined with your interesting writing makes very good viewing :yep:. I especially love the backdrop picture you use when taking photos of accessories and makeup etc, it looks very good! :biggrin:

Latest