Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

University of Salford student fees - your questions answered

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DarkShadows

Original post by DarkShadows
I know most of the questions are going to be Undergraduate fee-related, but I was wondering what the Postgraduate fees will be in 2012, or when these fees will be announced?

I graduate from my BA in 2012 from Salford, and was hoping to take an MA after. I realise that the Undergraduate fee rise and cuts to funding within higher education are highly likely to affect and change the pricing of MAs. I've been constantly checking the Postgrad pages, but have found no information yet.
Any information would be most appreciated, as I need to make a decision soon if I can or can not afford it.

Thank you!

Hi, the University's postgraduate fees have not yet been confirmed but they will be very soon. If you keep checking our website we'll post them as soon as possible and you will also find information about open days. Although you're already studying at Salford, it's an opportunity to meet the staff who teach the course you're interested in.
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Original post by University of Salford
Hi, have you completed the finance application forms online?

I have fully submitted my student finance application and have been awarded various loans and grants (just need to send back my declaration), however there is no mention of any bursaries.

As far as I can remember I did allow for my information to be shared also.

I live within an eligible postcode for the community bursary.
I am also in receipt of the full maintenance grant for the £338 bursary
Hi, if you've ticked that you agree to share information on your form with the University then this will have been forwarded on to us.

You should receive a letter from the University in December outlining any financial support available to you from the University. You'll then get the first payment in February time.
Reply 23
Hi, could you tell me if the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship is available for students from other EU countries, and if yes, how do I apply to it?

Thank you.
Original post by RitaF

Original post by RitaF
Hi, could you tell me if the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship is available for students from other EU countries, and if yes, how do I apply to it?

Thank you.

Hi, Are you applying for 2011 or 2012 entry?
Reply 25
Original post by University of Salford
Hi, Are you applying for 2011 or 2012 entry?

2011, I've got an unconditional offer.
Reply 26
I've applied for my student finance and it's all gone through and confirmed and stuff, but there's absolutely nothing on the forms about bursaries and Student Finance England have not mentioned to me that I will receive any. I'm studying Modern Foreign Languages and the Salford website says I should get £500 for every year of my course, just wondering whether or not I'll be getting this as I've received no confirmation :smile:
Original post by lewisd17
I've applied for my student finance and it's all gone through and confirmed and stuff, but there's absolutely nothing on the forms about bursaries and Student Finance England have not mentioned to me that I will receive any. I'm studying Modern Foreign Languages and the Salford website says I should get £500 for every year of my course, just wondering whether or not I'll be getting this as I've received no confirmation :smile:

As long as you didn't tick "I do not wish my information to be shared with other institutions for additional bursaries" (or something like that, I can't remember the exact wording!) on your Student Finance form or online app, you will be eligible.

Salford Bursaries won't show up on your Student Finance form, they're sorted out by the university independently. You'll get a separate letter from Salford about the payment dates of the bursary.
Most letters usually get sent out December-February time, as quite a lot of the Salford Bursary payments are paid in Semester 2.

However, you can double check if it has all been sorted correctly when you enrol - find a Student Advice Desk, and they'll be able to help you. They are based in:

University House from 8.30am-5.00pm
Allerton Building from 10.00am-3.00pm
Adelphi from 10.00am-3.00pm

Hope that helps.
Reply 28
Thanks very much! :smile:
student finance dont wanna process my application can Student Union help me?

i made a thread on it

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=33577595
Hi Salford,
I'm currently on the second year of an HNC in construction (part-time), and have applied to UCAS to attend Salford in 2012 full time, but I am not sure where I stand with tuition fee loans, the civil engineering courses looked very interesting to me but would I get a loan to cover tuition costs? As I have previously studied and have no other way of covering the high tuition fees.
Also if I was to qualify for tuition fee loans would it only be aimed at construction courses.
Hi Brickie2011
You should be absolutely fine to get a tuition fee loan for a full-time course - provided you haven't accessed any student finance in the past. So if you are funding your HND yourself or someone else (employer?) is paying, then you can still get a loan to study at Salford. All the details and how to apply can be found here: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/UniversityAndHigherEducation/StudentFinance/index.htm

The tuition fees rules will apply whatever course you want to study - not just construction.
Hope that helps!
Janet
Reply 32
Hi there - in regards to the VCES I believe you need 340 UCAS points/equiv. to be eligible - are the UCAS points only taken into consideration from A-level subjects or do your ucas points from your AS subjects also contribute? My predicted grades are ABCa (which totals 360UCAS points including AS level but only 300 excluding). :confused:
Reply 33
Just completing my sons student finance application, he has aspergers hence the reason I am filling in the forms!! he is hopefully due to start salford in Sept 2012, I belive he would be eligable for for the full tuition fee loan of £8250 (cost of each year) however, once I have filled in the fields it only comes up that he would be eligible for £3225 ?? what am I doing wrong?
Hi

To be eligible for the vice chancellors scholarship do you have to have AAb or if I had 5 A Levels with a total worth 340 UCAS points would I also be able to apply?
Reply 35
Original post by AmyRutherford
Hi

To be eligible for the vice chancellors scholarship do you have to have AAb or if I had 5 A Levels with a total worth 340 UCAS points would I also be able to apply?

I'd like to know where and when we apply for this too thx
Hi where do you download the application form for Salford national scholarship programme from please? :smile:
Reply 37
How long must i be living in Manchester to get the Salford National Scholarship Programme: Resident of Greater Manchester and household income less than £25,000 grant?
Hi everyone
You can find lots of information about our scholarships and awards on this page http://www.salford.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/money-matters/money-2012

Kittycat82 - You will also find a link on that page to download the application form for the Salford National Scholarship.

Amy - all the grades needed and equivalances are on this page http://www.salford.ac.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0006/92427/Vice-Chancellors-Scholarship-qualifications-2012-entry.pdfLemonquiz - you don't need to apply for the VC Excellence Award. It will automatically be allocated to you if you meet the criteria at the beginning of the second semester.

Hope that helps
Janet
David R399 - you need to be from the area. Just living here in term-time is not enough.
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest