The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yay new thread! :biggrin:
And in my first post of this thread I am going to say that I may have had Chinese tonight with my housemate to celebrate us both getting job interviews :tongue:
Reply 21
Lost 2lb! :biggrin::biggrin:
However my exercise routine is slack at the moment!

aww thanks for the support guys! :smile: this thread is so useful, Its helping me stay on track! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by outlaw-torn
Yay new thread! :biggrin:
And in my first post of this thread I am going to say that I may have had Chinese tonight with my housemate to celebrate us both getting job interviews :tongue:

I can't tell you how much it's made me smile to see such a happy post from you :biggrin: Even if it is naughty.. :P.

Original post by pinksfun
Lost 2lb! :biggrin::biggrin:
However my exercise routine is slack at the moment!

Well done!
Original post by Floob
I have a feeling I'll be doing lots of exercise for the next 2 weeks... my pole has just arrived (X-pole XPERT, both static and spinning in case anyone is interested) :biggrin: :biggrin:
Also just signed up for a 5 week beginner's trapeze course AND to top it all off my uni timetable has been reduced from 9-5 to pretty much mornings only, so no more excuses!

Ah wow, I'm so jealous! I really want to get a pole, but the ceilings in my uni room are too high, abd there's absolutely no room in my home room :frown:

Is trapeze fun? My pole dance teacher is organising a two hour taster aerial session in March, and I really like the idea of it.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I can't tell you how much it's made me smile to see such a happy post from you :biggrin: Even if it is naughty.. :P.

Well done!

Awww :smile:
I'm feeling quite optimistic at the moment, I'd better make the most of it! I feel better now knowing that every cloud has a silver lining. I cut contact with him which hurts, but then I get a job interview the next day :dance:
Original post by blahhh
This is the thread in which I'll reach my 11 stone... :biggrin:

Well done on getting so close and I'm sure you will reach your goals in no time.

2 pages already this thread is going fast.
Original post by Chrisateen

2 pages already this thread is going fast.

Yep, if I spent as much time actually exercising as I spend posting on here I'd be a size zero by now! (not that I aim to be a size zero of course)
Oh dear god, it's moved. I panicked there for a second.
Zumba was good :smile: I took another housemate today; she didn't like it much because she struggled to pick it up, but we explained that it was the same for us the first time and she should give it at least one more week.

Also didn't have a huge dinner :smile: date tomorrow, eeek
Reply 28
Being healthy has pretty much gone out the window in the last few weeks, so I've decided I'm going to start posting food diaries everyday, seeing as I think that's helped before... Pretty bad to start on though; 3 course dinner for a birthday tomorrow night and then a ball with unlimited food/alcohol this weekend eek! Going to try do more exercise to counter it I think:smile:

Breakfast: bagel with peanut butter
Lunch: Caffe Nero pesto chicken panini
Dinner: spiced chicken breast, chips (oops), salad. Plain yoghurt
Snacks: 99cal hot chocolate, Belvita breakfast biscuits, apple

Also cycled ~4miles
Being a health freak foodie, here's another healthy recipe site:

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/

Don't let the website name scare you! :biggrin:
Had the fright of my life when I saw the old thread was closed. :colondollar:

A bit cheeky but can anyone recommend me some new Fitblrs? I'm in dire need of motivation!
Reply 31
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Well we were almost at 10,000 so I made this (I was bored) and people started posting so thought we may as well move over otherwise it'd make things confusing! My fault for doing it so early though.

Thank you! I shall add it now :-).

Oh no I just thought it had been closed for nefarious reasons haha, I can't believe it's nearly or now at 10,000 posts though, mega thread :biggrin:
awful, awful chest day

AGAIN!!!!!!! :angry: :mad: :colonhash::banghead::bawling:
Chrisateen
Bunch of thieves. I think you need to find yourself another gym. Which gym is it?

It's a uni halls one. It's been closed for months, it's a ****ing joke! I've already joined the Sugden but I'm still angry, after all this other gym is open later and is closer so is a nice alternative for late night sessions.
Original post by amizzle91

Original post by amizzle91
Oh no I just thought it had been closed for nefarious reasons haha, I can't believe it's nearly or now at 10,000 posts though, mega thread :biggrin:

I thought that too - so many in the past have gone that way because of calorie counting and over-competitiveness/general not healthy stuff.
OMG. I hate eating! Can you guess already that I'm finding the very first day of my slow bulk phase tough? :frown:

It's so weird, when you're not aware of what you're having, you can easily hit 1900 calories or more, yet when you're trying to eat clean and very much aware of the calores, there's just not enough time to be eating alot. I made a mistake of having massive meals and was very much close to vomitting. Woke up too late for breakfast so completely my fault. It's going to be even harder tomorrow as doing some cardio, so have to eat my cardio calories on top of the 1900 calories. :eek:

Workout wise, it was great. I did this workout: http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html I'm not aching so I don't know whether this is a bad thing or good thing. I did feel like I worked out whilst doing the sets and my heart rate was up, though didn't wear my heart rate monitor. Maybe i should during next work out just to see exactly how high it goes up.

I'm not sure if I should stick to this or do starting strength. I was initially going to do starting strength, but this is quite similar. Hmm.
Reply 36
wow I can't believe there's already 2 pages of a new thread.
Hello! :hi:

I have decided that today is going to be the day start to lose a few pounds, get fitter and have a healthier lifestyle. I saw this thread and thought I'd introduce myself :smile:

I don't really know where to start.... I'm new to this so if anybody has any advice for me I'd be very grateful :smile:
Can I join put on 50Ibs last year :frown:

Been reading the old thread to get an idea of what exercises and food everyone is having
(edited 12 years ago)
Waaah I got scared when I saw "thread closed" on the other thread! Glad to see it's just got too big though :biggrin:

Latest