The Student Room Group

Unpopular Food and Drink Opinions

Scroll to see replies

I despise pineapple juice. It's vile. Love pineapples themselves though... I informed my friend of this the other day and she looked at me as if I had grown an extra head or something, she was completely appalled as are most people when I mention it :tongue:
I don't like water, so I drink people's blood instead.
I really hate cheese and I don't drink alcohol. I love rice pudding though, not many people seem to like that.
Reply 43
Toffee is an abomination to the confectionery world.
Crumpets are just vile.
Butter and jam on toast is just :puke:, as it butter on tuna mayo sandwiches.
Reply 44
Broccoli, spinach, sprouts, watercress and cabbage are my favourite five veg.
I could quite happily live off olives and peanut butter.
I like all meat, except bacon.
McDonalds is grim
Original post by RedDevilThing
Quoted for truth. I really don't like spicy food, it just feels like an assault on my senses rather than food that I can enjoy. Give me a korma over a vindaloo any day. :tongue:

Unfortunately, as a guy, it almost seems to be expected of me that I enjoy spicy food. No thanks guys, I'll stick with lemon & herb sauce whenever I'm in Nando's, don't really wanna try the super spicy. :colonhash:

I don't like spicy food either, if I have curry I tend to go for a korma, nice and bland. I don't like the way spicy food makes my mouth feel like it's on fire. One time I had the chili pasta and a chocolate milkshake at pizza hut. Not a good combination. Felt rather ill for the rest of the evening.
Original post by Moldemort
Broccoli, spinach, sprouts, watercress and cabbage are my favourite five veg.
I could quite happily live off olives and peanut butter.
I like all meat, except bacon.
McDonalds is grim

How can anyone, anyone in the whole wide universe, who claims to like meat, dislike bacon?????

Does not compute. :hmmmm:
Original post by rainbow.panda
I agree. I only like eggs in boiled form. Can't stand fried, poached or scrambled. I don't really like omelettes either.

I eat boiled and scrambled. I don't like the idea of poached eggs and fried eggs are just disgusting beyond comprehension. They're slimy and horrible and the smell makes me feel sick
Original post by Sabertooth

How can anyone, anyone in the whole wide universe, who claims to like meat, dislike bacon?????

Does not compute. :hmmmm:

Clearly that is what one would call an 'unpopular food and drink option'...
I hate any sort of fizzy drink. :unimpressed:
Original post by kersteelou
Clearly that is what one would call an 'unpopular food and drink option'...

I'd say it's more a when are the men in white coats coming opinion. :tongue:
I don't think I've seen you post about anything other than steak for about a week!
The thought of the juice from fresh tomatoes turns my stomach a little :yucky:

I can't have my eggs runny, and am often known to cook fried eggs for a stupid length of time.

EDIT: probably not very controversial, but... green tea. Why? Why are you so boring and why do people bother to drink you :s-smilie: The smell of peppermint tea also makes me feel a little bit sick.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by kersteelou
I eat boiled and scrambled. I don't like the idea of poached eggs and fried eggs are just disgusting beyond comprehension. They're slimy and horrible and the smell makes me feel sick

What on earth do you mean "the idea of poached eggs"?! :wtf:
Original post by hannahhaworth
I don't think I've seen you post about anything other than steak for about a week!

Haha I've just checked my posts, I've only made two posts about steak in the last seven days XD
Reply 55
Dr pepper is disgusting along with anchovies! :yucky:
Reply 56
Best breakfast is Lemon/Lime marmalade on toast with a slice of cheese on it! aaha this one always gets me funny looks at hotel breakfast buffets....

oh and I HATE Peanut butter the stuff is absolutely vile.
I can't stand Jam. The thought of it makes me feel sick!
I also hate bacon, yuuckk
Original post by Contrad!ction.
My mum makes a great korma. I don't care if my mouth isn't on fire, it still tastes nice. Key word = taste, something you can't really do when you feel like someone's taken a flamethrower to your face. :tongue:

I can understand why people might like banoffee, but for me the components don't seem to work together at all.

So does my mum. :biggrin: I love korma. It's brilliant. :love: Haha, couldn't have put it better myself.

I'm sure I'd love banoffee pie if I didn't hate banana's so much. If I was a banana fan it would be heaven.
Original post by RedDevilThing
Quoted for truth. I really don't like spicy food, it just feels like an assault on my senses rather than food that I can enjoy. Give me a korma over a vindaloo any day. :tongue:

Unfortunately, as a guy, it almost seems to be expected of me that I enjoy spicy food. No thanks guys, I'll stick with lemon & herb sauce whenever I'm in Nando's, don't really wanna try the super spicy. :colonhash:

Totally agree. How are you supposed to taste all the brilliant spices in foods that don't slaughter your tongue when you're being attacked by chilli?

Ah, unlucky. I'm a girl so I just shrug and say "Yeah, I'm a wuss, what of it?" :lol: Nobody seems to care.

Quick Reply

Latest