The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Original post by amazingalex1994
Has anyone got a Child Nursing Interview for Worcester on Wednesday? If so; what article have you had to research on? HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP :frown:

YES!!! i got to research on pyscology on solving obesity!!
have you done much extra research because i have no clue on what to look for!!!
omg stressin!!!!!
xoxoxoo
Reply 841
Hi All,

I have an interview at Edge Hill tomorrow for mental health nursing, just wondering if anyone else on has had an interview there and if they have any advice for me.

Thanks
Jo
Reply 842
Original post by rachbiom
Is your interview for child branch? I was there on 12th Jan. Maths and literacy are fine, not too difficult... i cant remember what the question was that we had to answer though. You have to get 7/10 in maths and 22/25 in literacy to get through to the 1-1 interview session. They ask about 11 questions, nothing too tricky if i remember rightly.

I really enjoyed the interview day, the bit where you wait to see if you get into the 1-1 interviews is nerve racking though :smile:

You have to wait til end of march to find out if you got a place :frown:

I have an interview on the 14th of March, for Adult Nursing in Northampton, can you give me some tips please,,, I am worry about the essay part, I have phoned the uni to know about the topic of the essay but the said is the same day. anyone has an idea of the topic
Reply 843
Original post by Hi52005
I have an interview on the 14th of March, for Adult Nursing in Northampton, can you give me some tips please,,, I am worry about the essay part, I have phoned the uni to know about the topic of the essay but the said is the same day. anyone has an idea of the topic

My interview was 4 child branch and the essay question was about an under 8 year old so yours is going to be different
Reply 844
Original post by winnie01
Hi all
I have an interview on wednesday with wolverhamton uni, can anyone give me some advice and tell me is there a maths and english test, what do they ask and how long will it be. I am rather confused about it really as, my letter I recieved said nothing about any test and expect a 4 hr stay, my evision said there be a group of people and the interview shall be 30 mins.....but the uni web site says maths test.
really would appriciate help, as nerves getting the better of me. ...

I have an interview for children's nursing next thursday at wolverhampton! let me know how it goes for you? :smile: x
Reply 845
I have an interview for children's nursing on the 15th march (NEXT WEEK D:smile: anyone else going to this? anyone have any tips as i went to an interview at De montfort last year and got rejected :frown:Second year of trying to get onto this course, I NEED to get into this uni!!!
Reply 846
Hey,

I've received an invitation for a selection day at Kings College on 21st March. Has anyone had an interview for Mental Health Nursing there before? If so, is there a one-to-one interview and what type of questions should i expect? Also i'm pretty dire at maths, is the entrance exam difficult?

Thanks for any help!
Hi Joseph,

I have mine on the same day too. Its for adult nursing! I hope someone can help us both!! :smile:

Possibly meet you on the day..

All the best hun x
Reply 848
Original post by sarah4s
I have!! Can't wait!!

Samee, you in halls?
Reply 849
Anyone still waiting to hear about Nottingham's Graduate Entry Nursing PGDip? I applied a few days after the deadline, so can understand why they've not got back yet, but would love to know if anyone else who applied in Jan or after has heard anything. Any rejections?
Reply 850
Original post by Abbie O
Samee, you in halls?

no, not in halls as I live quite close, are you in Halls?
Reply 851
Original post by starpanda
Anyone still waiting to hear about Nottingham's Graduate Entry Nursing PGDip? I applied a few days after the deadline, so can understand why they've not got back yet, but would love to know if anyone else who applied in Jan or after has heard anything. Any rejections?

I also applied a few days after the deadline and have heard nothing. In the email they sent acknowledging my application I think it said interviews would be being held between March and end of April, so I reckon we should definitely hear back by this time next month. What branch have you applied for?
Reply 852
Original post by Kathryn_R
I also applied a few days after the deadline and have heard nothing. In the email they sent acknowledging my application I think it said interviews would be being held between March and end of April, so I reckon we should definitely hear back by this time next month. What branch have you applied for?

I had an email like that too and can go on the applicants portal to check my application, but it just says something like under consideration. Fingers crossed we hear back soon. Think they've only just started the interviews this week.

I've applied for Adult Nursing. What about you?
Reply 853
Original post by starpanda
I had an email like that too and can go on the applicants portal to check my application, but it just says something like under consideration. Fingers crossed we hear back soon. Think they've only just started the interviews this week.

I've applied for Adult Nursing. What about you?

I don't know anything about an applicants portal - I've just been checking UCAS Track. I've applied for MH Nursing. I'm not in a rush to hear back though - this is just my back-up plan in case I don't get offered a place at one of the two unis I am hoping to go to in Sept. Good luck with your application.
Reply 854
Original post by Jodieness
Have you had it yet? I had mine and got in. Hope it went ok if you've done it! xx

I got in :smile: wooo, i got interview at uclan tomorrow and salford thursday x
Reply 855
i got interview at uclan tomorrow someone help please :smile: X
Reply 856
Hi I've got an interview on April 4th too - what does the statement involve? What do they expect you to write about?
Also what kind of things were you asked in the group interview, in the solving problem exercise?

Thanks
Hi Everyone,

It is my first time using this chat room and I read some of the trends. I am hoping to study nursing next year and was wondering what are the useful subjects to study to get into adult nursing.
I learnt that the degree program is 3 years in England and 4 years in Scotland. Which is better?
Also, which is the most difficul adultt nursing programme to get into? I heard that some required BBB at A levels. friend told me that the University of Edinburgh used to ask for a minimum of BBB at A levels but most of the students who got into the 2011 academic year had A*AA, or AAA, and some AAB or ABB. The Scottish student get offered on AAAAA, AABB, AABBB, or AAAB at Scottish Higher - some even did advance higher and got AA, AB etc..
Would I be accepted if I get BBC A level?
. To make matters worst, for the first time, they started to hold interviews and that they only chose those who have top grades and work experience for interview.
They then chose a few per group - maybe 5-8 of those interviewed to offer a place because they only take a maximum of 30-32 UK students per year since they have to make place for few high achieving international students.
It seems that it is becoming more difficult to get onto nursing courses and even more challenging on next to impossible to get onto the top nursing programmes.
Tell me what you think, I am hoping to start planning for next year.
Original post by Johnny Dad
Hi Everyone,

It is my first time using this chat room and I read some of the trends. I am hoping to study nursing next year and was wondering what are the useful subjects to study to get into adult nursing.
I learnt that the degree program is 3 years in England and 4 years in Scotland. Which is better?
Also, which is the most difficul adultt nursing programme to get into? I heard that some required BBB at A levels. friend told me that the University of Edinburgh used to ask for a minimum of BBB at A levels but most of the students who got into the 2011 academic year had A*AA, or AAA, and some AAB or ABB. The Scottish student get offered on AAAAA, AABB, AABBB, or AAAB at Scottish Higher - some even did advance higher and got AA, AB etc..
Would I be accepted if I get BBC A level?
. To make matters worst, for the first time, they started to hold interviews and that they only chose those who have top grades and work experience for interview.
They then chose a few per group - maybe 5-8 of those interviewed to offer a place because they only take a maximum of 30-32 UK students per year since they have to make place for few high achieving international students.
It seems that it is becoming more difficult to get onto nursing courses and even more challenging on next to impossible to get onto the top nursing programmes.
Tell me what you think, I am hoping to start planning for next year.

Hello! :smile:

Firstly think about your GCSE results, most universities look for 5 A*-C grades in subjects like Maths, English and Science. If you have these think about what subjects you took/are taking at A Level. I'm taking Biology, Psychology and English Language and took Chemistry at AS. I took Biology because I enjoyed it at GCSE and I study health related topics on the course which will be beneficial for the course itself. Pschology had always interested in me and English shows that I'm able to communicate with people.
As far as the BBB course go- I'm predicted BBC and I've had an offer for an interivew after passing the academic tests at Cardiff who want BBB. As long as all your choices aren't BBB you should be okay!

Work experience can help give you an edge, or if you found it hard to get like I did try speaking to some nurses at a community centre or hospital for 10 minutes to get an insight onto the nature of the profession etc. I've had a job at my local vets for 3 years now and that work experience has been enough to get me 4 interviews and one offer so far!

Nursing is a very competitive course to get on to, as long as you let your passion show through your personal statement and during interviews you should be okay! Good luck and I hope this helped you slightly. :smile:
Original post by carla.trotman
Hello :smile: has anyone had interviews for plymouth uni for child nursing? I have an interview and last year i didnt even get to this stage. What is asked and what are they looking for ? Im so nervous help lol :smile: thankyou xx

Hi, I had an interview and received an offer fromPlymouth for Child nursing. It's a really relaxed interview and there is no need to be nervous honestly!! Just make sure you can answer why you want to be a nurse, and that you understand issues surrounding child nursing. Remember to be friendly and smile :smile: Just breathe!!

I might see you in September, good luck!!!

Latest