The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 ~ 21 May 2012 ~ AS Biology

Hey thought I'd make a thread for the MAY 2012 AQA BIOLOGY UNIT 2 (BIOL2) exam in a couple of months.
Feel free to share notes/tips/materials/questions and thoughts on the exam.

DATE OF EXAM: 21 May 2012 - 1hr 45 mins - PM

DAYS TO EXAM: 19
(May be out of date upto ~ 1 week)
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
wow thats early! have you started revising? at our school we've only done mitosis, dna replication and gas exchange! so stressed!
I'm retaking this :P Haven't looked over the stuff since last summer ^^ One question - do we need to know anything from Unit 1 to help us answer any of the questions? Sorry I haven't looked over this for a while and really can't remember xD
Reply 3
Already? :redface: , I think 'll start revising too, I'm also doing unit 1 in may!( for the first time)
Original post by eawilliams
Already? :redface: , I think 'll start revising too, I'm also doing unit 1 in may!( for the first time)

Sorry, but how can you be doing Unit 1 for the first time? :tongue:
Reply 5
anyone know any good revision methods??? This probably sounds stupid but i actually dont know hw to revise :/
Original post by wasia
anyone know any good revision methods??? This probably sounds stupid but i actually dont know hw to revise :/

Get a revision guide :smile: Do practice questions and exam papers. Mind maps...writing notes again on flash cards..
That's how I revise anyway :tongue:
Also - little and often. Don't try and do it all in one go, my attention span is about 1-2 hours then I lose focus :tongue: So go off and do something such as have a cup of tea/coffee then come back to it :tongue:

I'm more of a visual learner too, so I learn a lot from diagrams as find I can remember them easier. Also bullet points are more helpful than a chunk of a paragraph :smile:
Reply 7
Reply 8
I'm an A2 student who might be resitting this... :tongue: better start rewriting notes and doing past papers!
A2 student retaking this, along with AQA CHEM2.

So I have BIOL2, BIOL5, CHEM2, CHEM5 to revise for.

FML.
Reply 10
Original post by thegodofgod
A2 student retaking this, along with AQA CHEM2.

So I have BIOL2, BIOL5, CHEM2, CHEM5 to revise for.

FML.

Cheer up, Im in the same boat as yu. Biol2, Biol 4 and Biol 5 along with CHEM4 and CHEM5
Original post by Pogiberto
Cheer up, Im in the same boat as yu. Biol2, Biol 4 and Biol 5 along with CHEM4 and CHEM5

Ouch - I really wanted to retake CHEM4, but my 2 chem teachers + the head of dept. said it'd be easier to harvest the UMS from CHEM2 :rant:

Now there's practically no chance of my getting an A* in CHEM (I need 174/180 UMS from CHEM5 and CHEM6 to meet the 270/300 requirement) :frown:
Original post by CupcakeFaerie
Sorry, but how can you be doing Unit 1 for the first time? :tongue:

Not all schools do it in January.
Reply 13
Ouch - I really wanted to retake CHEM4, but my 2 chem teachers + the head of dept. said it'd be easier to harvest the UMS from CHEM2 :rant:

Now there's practically no chance of my getting an A* in CHEM (I need 174/180 UMS from CHEM5 and CHEM6 to meet the 270/300 requirement) :frown:

How hard is CHEM 4 anyway? CHEM 5 isnt that bad, I did that in Jan, but I flunked and got a B. Whoever is writing these exams cant ask straight questions lol
How hard is CHEM 4 anyway? CHEM 5 isnt that bad, I did that in Jan, but I flunked and got a B. Whoever is writing these exams cant ask straight questions lol

Chem4's pretty simple, if you're good at Organic :biggrin:

Just a bit of tricky stuff with Acids + Bases, and 13C + 1H N.M.R. spectra.
Reply 15
Chem4's pretty simple, if you're good at Organic :biggrin:

Just a bit of tricky stuff with Acids + Bases, and 13C + 1H N.M.R. spectra.

What about Equlibria, and that Number of Moles stuff you have to work out? Can't get my head around it at the mo
Reply 16
Hi all, I will be active on this thread! Got C3, C4, M1 (maths), Physics 2, Chemistry 2 and Bio 2 in May / June. Gonna be busy!
What about Equlibria, and that Number of Moles stuff you have to work out? Can't get my head around it at the mo

It's pretty simple - make sure to write out the number of moles intially, and at equilibrium for each of the compounds. That will be a life saver. :redface:
Reply 18
ah sick hopefully you guys can help me revise
Reply 19
Retaking this from last summer to boost my UMS up.

Quick Reply

Latest