The Student Room Group

FOOD AND DRINK: The Yin and Yang, of THAT FOODIE THANG!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Yin: Yorkie tastes SO good! It's the perfect amount of sweet chocolatey goodness, all in perfect sized chunks. And the biscuit and raisin solves the nut infestation that Dairy Milk fruit and nut has fallen foul to.

Yang: the obvious, being a girl, I get the condemning 'hey, it's not for girls' looks. And I find yorkies can sometimes make my teeth hurt (it may just be me!)

Yin and yang of Cream Eggs!
Reply 61
Original post by dani_1991
Yin: Yorkie tastes SO good! It's the perfect amount of sweet chocolatey goodness, all in perfect sized chunks. And the biscuit and raisin solves the nut infestation that Dairy Milk fruit and nut has fallen foul to.

Yang: the obvious, being a girl, I get the condemning 'hey, it's not for girls' looks. And I find yorkies can sometimes make my teeth hurt (it may just be me!)

Yin and yang of Cream Eggs!

Yin: They're delicious! And that fondant is amazing

Yang: There's no sophisticated way to eat them...

Yin and Yang of... hotdogs
Reply 62
Yin: They're mostly delicious. Nothing beats a hotdog from a street vendor after a night out.

Yang: They don't seem to be sold in many places. Eating them can be a messy affair. The quality of the bun and sausage varies.

Yin and Yang of xmas dinner?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 63
It's the best memory ever, having an amazing Xmas nosh.

However can often be greasy. Plus you feel obliged to eat so much you feel sick.

Ying and Yang of sour sweets?
Yin: They give an extra kick to boring normal sweets

Yang: When they're really sour and burn your tongue/make your face screw up like an old lady

Yin and Yang of MASH POTATO?

Reply 65
Yin: Proper mash with mustard mixed in and a bit of salt and pepper is an amazing side dish.

Yang: Sweet potato mash is so much better. As is mashed swede and carrot.

Yin and yang of: sandwich ham
Reply 66
Yin: You always know what you're gonna get with a ham sandwich - it won't be uneatable. Taste is amplified by the addition of brown sauce, and even more within a white crispy roll.

Yang: Cheap ham can taste like water. Can be a Pretty boring sandwich compared to alternatives.

Yin and Yang of Twister Ice cream?
Original post by Fusion
Yin: You always know what you're gonna get with a ham sandwich - it won't be uneatable. Taste is amplified by the addition of brown sauce, and even more within a white crispy roll.

Yang: Cheap ham can taste like water. Can be a Pretty boring sandwich compared to alternatives.

Yin and Yang of Twister Ice cream?

simple answer here but..

YIN: The white ice cream layer
YANG: The coloured fruity bits, I really do prefer milk/chocolate based ice cream than water/fruit lollies.

Yin and yang of...BEN & JERRYS
Reply 68
Yin: Ben & Jerrys is a gift from god! Not only does it have swirls of sauce, but huge chunky pieces. It's like a treasure hunt for dessert! :biggrin:

Yang: when someone says they've got Ben & Jerrys and it's plain Vanilla. There's so many other flavours!!!

Yin and yang of: cheddar
Reply 69
Yin: the go to food for cheesy addition. Works with pasta, meat, Doritos etc

Yan: can be boring/repetitive due to yin!

Yin and yang of: Chinese takeaway
Reply 70
YIN: It's pretty diverse, from soup to dumplings to noodles, rices, curries and vegetables. Mostly delicious. Some of the tastiest "starter dishes" in any nation's cuisine. Authentic Chinese food is exceptionally healthy (AUTHENTIC).

YANG: Non-authentic Chinese Food is like eating delicious, Salty Lardcakes covered in MSG. Poor Desserts. The "I'm SO FULL. I CAN'T EAT ANY MO.." *two seconds pass* "I'M FREAKING STARVING!" factor.

What's the YIN AND YANG OF FRENCH BAGUETTE?
Original post by TotoMimo
YIN: It's pretty diverse, from soup to dumplings to noodles, rices, curries and vegetables. Mostly delicious. Some of the tastiest "starter dishes" in any nation's cuisine. Authentic Chinese food is exceptionally healthy (AUTHENTIC).

YANG: Non-authentic Chinese Food is like eating delicious, Salty Lardcakes covered in MSG. Poor Desserts. The "I'm SO FULL. I CAN'T EAT ANY MO.." *two seconds pass* "I'M FREAKING STARVING!" factor.

What's the YIN AND YANG OF FRENCH BAGUETTE?

Yin: It can come in many good forms. Either fresh, plain and from a bakery - served warm with simple dips. Or topped with salsa for a Bruschetta or you can make delicious garlic bread.

Yang: It doesn't fit well in the average toaster and I end up with one half burnt! Oh and it's good to eat quite fresh before it goes stale but due to the size, this is often difficult.

YIN and YANG of cheerios?
Reply 72
YIN: Each Cheerio type has it's own unique flavour. One of the few cereals that's as tasty as it is healthy. They're Cheery Good to Eat. Excellent floatation devices for drowning Bluebottles.

YANG: Portioned too heavily in Nestle Pic-a-Pac. Not the most exciting nor decadent cereals around. Unlike Alphabetty Spaghetti, you can only spell the word "oOOooOoo" with your food.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 73
Oops, sorry...
What's the YIN and YANG of... LORNE SAUSAGE?
YIN: I love the taste. It's like, so much more substantial in taste than regular sausage to me. I feel like sausages are a bit vague, always varying..you know what you're getting with Lorne!

Yang: The look. I like the square thing an all but I can't help but think if I put it on a plate to someone they'd think, this is out of a can, or, this is super cheap.

yin and yang of: MUSSELS
Reply 75
YIN: They're yummy and versatile, offering themselves from everything to breakfast dishes to pasta dinners. They're healthy and sustainable too!

YANG: Awkward as hell with the shells; especially if you keep the shells on and disperse them throughout pasta for example. They're not the prettiest of foodstuffs. You have to eat approximately one trillion of them to be full.

What's the YIN AND YANG OF: CADBURY'S CHOMP?
Reply 76
Yin: they're a perfect satisfaction to a caramel fix, and not too calorific

Yang: fudge is better, and for caramel- curly wurly! Plus sometimes they're like a rock!

Yin and yang of cheese board desserts?
yin - it's a variety, and can be an education too
yang - it's not CAKE!

yin and yang of...

KITKAT CHUNKY :smile:
Reply 78
YIN: It is, by nature, CHUNKAYY. Therefore substantial! It's Kit Kat, meaning it's utterly delicious. You feel like a real man eating one. Easier to get home than regular Kit Kats which will inevitably be in a trillion bits like a four-finger kit kat.

YANG: You can't snap the fingers satisfyingly like you can with the regular bars. You can accidentally assume you've been shrink-rayed. The wafer ratio with a regular Chunky being so high means it can be dry if eaten without a drink. The winner of the Chunky Champion contest was a pale imitator of the original PB Chunky; new one tastes like feet.

YIN AND YANG OF:

BROWN SEEDED ROLLS?
Original post by TotoMimo
YIN: It is, by nature, CHUNKAYY. Therefore substantial! It's Kit Kat, meaning it's utterly delicious. You feel like a real man eating one. Easier to get home than regular Kit Kats which will inevitably be in a trillion bits like a four-finger kit kat.

YANG: You can't snap the fingers satisfyingly like you can with the regular bars. You can accidentally assume you've been shrink-rayed. The wafer ratio with a regular Chunky being so high means it can be dry if eaten without a drink. The winner of the Chunky Champion contest was a pale imitator of the original PB Chunky; new one tastes like feet.

YIN AND YANG OF:

BROWN SEEDED ROLLS?

YIN: gorgeous taste. Not just a holder for the filling, fantastic in their own right. And you feel like you're being healthy, wholemeal and all.

YANG: Seeds in the teeth! A bum to pick out. And although seeds are good, they do add extra calories. SLY!

Yin and yang: CRAB

Quick Reply

Latest