The Student Room Group

Anyone applied through plus med to study medicine in Romania?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by davey101
hey thats great... are you awaiting reply from them?

Basically i've sent my forms payed the deposit etc, and I'm basically waiting for the interview and english exam thing in september, what about you, what stage you at?
Reply 41
Original post by Yas93
Basically i've sent my forms payed the deposit etc, and I'm basically waiting for the interview and english exam thing in september, what about you, what stage you at?

im at the same stage as well...
Reply 42
You guys you know its better to apply on your own instead of wasting money on agents.
Reply 43
have you applied on your own?... i did not have to pay the agents
Reply 44
Hey

I am interested in studying Medicine at Carol Davila.

Is there any way of applying without going through plusmed students?
Reply 45
Hey

Has any1 applied through an agency called study med abroad?
Reply 46
To: Confused18 & everyone else...

you can apply directly to the Romanian Ministry of Education in Bucharest for your acceptance letter to study Medicine in Romania. You would need to legalise/notarise your documents at a public notary or solicitor's office (stating that your documents are true copies of he originals), i.e. the copy of your GCE Advanced level certificate, copy of your birth certificate, copy of your UK passport information page & first 4 pages. Then you should attach the following documents (no need to notarise these documents): a letter from your GP simply stating that you are medically fit to study abroad & 6 passport photographs.
...and then submit them at the Romanian ministry of education (fly to Romania yourself and submit it in person at the Ministry between May-July...it's worth flying there!)

If you ANYONE from the UK follow the steps, you would be admitted without paying a dime to any educational agency.
...some of us studying here at Carol Davila UMF Bucharest, from 1st-6th year...used study med abroad service and they were very ok. However, use your instinct when using a third party like an agency to apply to study in Romania (or anywhere else) as many of them just want to rip you off, are dishonest & charge outrageously for pure profit gains. Besides you have lots of time (between now & July) to apply for 2012/2013 academic session..what are you all waiting for?...go ahead and apply ON YOUR OWN!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 47
Therapy1

Thanks for the info.I know it's way cheaper to apply on your own but I talked to the people at studymedabroad agency and they said that you to do so you would need your final A-level exam statement(which I won't get until August).

And so the best option is to apply via an agency like theirs who will sort out the necessary paperwork until you get your A-level results.

They also said that when you apply directly to the Ministry,if there's any paperwork missing etc -the people at the ministry are less likely to contact you and chase it up.And studymedabroad claims that they ensure all paperwork gets done properly etc.

So basically I am totally confused as to what to do!!!

Please can you provide me with more info.

How was the studymedabroad as agency? do they actually do what they claim to help with i.e accommodation etc

And how's studying at Carol Davila like? Is there lots of British students?

Thanks!
Reply 48
Hi guys, im thinking of applying as well. I've received the details for the deposit etc but not sent anything yet. I'm starting to have second thoughts about applying through an agency incase they take more money than necessary, its a scam, etc etc.

Does anyone know what you have to do to apply yourself? eg. who to phone, what number. i looked on the carol davila website and called the international students number and all i got was some romanian woman shouting at me over the phone in romanian.

help would be greatly appreciated. thanks :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by kamzo95
Hi guys, im thinking of applying as well. I've received the details for the deposit etc but not sent anything yet. I'm starting to have second thoughts about applying through an agency incase they take more money than necessary, its a scam, etc etc.

Does anyone know what you have to do to apply yourself? eg. who to phone, what number. i looked on the carol davila website and called the international students number and all i got was some romanian woman shouting at me over the phone in romanian.

help would be greatly appreciated. thanks :smile:

who to phone? what number? hmm..well..you called the numbers at the university you are interested in applying to...and the response was shouts? hmm..welcome to land of dracula...i guess you need to put some garlic on you...lol...you know what? get all your documents ready (notarise the ones that need notarisation) & just travel to Bucharest (in person) to submit your docs at the ministry of education (EU section) or send it to a friend of yours (if you have one) in Bucharest.

All the best.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by confused18
Therapy1

Thanks for the info.I know it's way cheaper to apply on your own but I talked to the people at studymedabroad agency and they said that you to do so you would need your final A-level exam statement(which I won't get until August).

And so the best option is to apply via an agency like theirs who will sort out the necessary paperwork until you get your A-level results.

They also said that when you apply directly to the Ministry,if there's any paperwork missing etc -the people at the ministry are less likely to contact you and chase it up.And studymedabroad claims that they ensure all paperwork gets done properly etc.

So basically I am totally confused as to what to do!!!

Please can you provide me with more info.

How was the studymedabroad as agency? do they actually do what they claim to help with i.e accommodation etc

And how's studying at Carol Davila like? Is there lots of British students?

Thanks!

If you are still confused, travel to Bucharest & found out yourself at the ministry of education (EU section) and you can go Carol Davila UMF Bucuresti (Bucharest) to see the university..if you are also lucky you'll meet EU/UK students currently studying here. what does it cost you? 1-2 days & 70-150 pounds return ticket (wizzair, easyjet, etc)

All the best!
(edited 12 years ago)
Plus Med Students is incredibly expensive compared competitors such as Study Med Abroad, and it is far more inexperienced at getting students through. Last year many of the students who applied did not get through. And I know them. Also having spoken to people who went through them and failed. I have found that some of the representatives were very difficult to work with. I will be going through Study Med Abroad having had better testimonials from them. Study Med Abroad got my friends though in just over a week. http://www.studymedabroad.com/
Reply 52
I called studymed abroad and they told me all british students have to go through plus med students. So I called plus med students and I'm out here in Bucharest right now to check it out. It is amazing. The people at plus med students have been really great and i got to meet some current british students there which put my mind at ease as well as Anil who is in his final year there and Mo who is a graduate working as a doctor in London now. After seeing all this, I can safely say I am glad I applied..hopefully I will get in :/
I really doubt your statement that studymedabroad directed UK students to plusmedstudents because I am a UK student applying through studymedabroad (through recommendation of friends studying in Bucharest & Constanta). May be you should call them again.

My acceptance letter will be issued within the next few weeks. studymedabroad service fee is quite affordable (990 EUR or 1490 EUR..depending on the package is a very decent service fee). Besides, studymedabroad is more experienced and their staffs (Winnie, Maria, Alice, Lucas, Kadi, Manuel, Cris) are very friendly.
Immy542 Is lying, I sent an Email to study med abroad and this was their reply.

Hello *****

Thank you for your query.

Plusmedstudents wanted to work in collaboration with StudyMedAbroad. At present, StudyMedAbroad do not refer & will not refer our UK students to plusmedstudents. The decision (not to work with plusmedstudents) was based our company's policy of: quality, affordability, honesty, ethics and integrity.

StudyMedAbroad has been offering its services for the last 5 years and we have established a solid reputation in a somewhat challenging industry sector.Besides, our clients are at the center of everything we do - and that is reflected in our company's vision and values. We continue our long tradition today by making ethical business decisions and treating people with honesty and respect. Quality and affordability are the cornerstones of our brand promise and a key to our competitiveness in this somewhat challenging educational sector. SMA Representative Staffs are trained in quality processes to ensure that clients, no matter where they are located (UK applicants inclusive) receive consistent, affordable and excellent quality in our services.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to use our services.

Wishing you a successful future.

M**** O***

Student Placement Manager for International Students

You can't just come on Forums and lie about things like this. You're dealing with someones future. Immys grades suggest he isnt actually going to romania. Wouldn't be surprised if you work for PlusMedStudents Immy542. Either way you guys can pick whichever Group you want but just keep in mind PlusMedStudents is (removed by community team). StudyMedAbroad confirmed it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 55
Just curious how this whole apply abroad works.. what are the chances people get in?
Speak to the company, either Studymedabroad or Plusmedstudents. They will give you an agent who should help you through the process. Speak to them yourself, they are both easily contactable. But don't take what people say on forums for granted. As proven Immy has been lying. Email Studymedabroad yourself to see. I know there were a number of people who didn't get in with PlusMedStudents. Friends who went through StudyMedAbroad have already finished with everything quite some time ago according to my friends.
(edited 11 years ago)
Hey guys, I have applied to Carol Davila Uni as well through PlusMed Students and I'm from the Uk too.. has any one else applied? - it would be great knowing , as the thought of living in Romania, away from home is kinda scary and so knowing people would put my mind at ease. :smile: :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by Supriyaraisp4
Hey guys, I have applied to Carol Davila Uni as well through PlusMed Students and I'm from the Uk too.. has any one else applied? - it would be great knowing , as the thought of living in Romania, away from home is kinda scary and so knowing people would put my mind at ease. :smile: :smile:

LOL @ 'Posts:1'.
Reply 59
guys be wary of PlusMed I went through the procedure and they don't mention anything about how the medical school allows LOADS of people in to the university for first year, however as years progress they cut down the numbers so when clinicals are reached there is a small year group.

Just my advice:

You'd best be applying on your own. Forget agents.

just a word of advice, be careful!

EDIT: PLUSMED have emailed TSR and stated my post was defamatory which it really isn't. Either way, I have edited it to make it resemble the hard facts.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending