The Student Room Group

Does todays younger ones look older than their age?

For example an 18 year old looks more of like a 23 year old.
I am not just referring to one incidence, i am telling about whole upcoming generation of teenagers.

Can any mutation be involved in it??

Seriously this is a creepy situation...
Reply 1
Original post by Joy_Choudhury
I am not just referring to one incidence, i am telling about whole upcoming generation of teenagers.

:K:

Something tell me the example you are more concerned with is the "13 year old looks more of like a 18 year old."
Reply 2
Not me. :dry:
Reply 3

Are you high?
Reply 4
it is quite possible that a diet of crisps and energy drinks could interfere with the delicate growth mechanisms in our children with who knows what outcomes:
Hmm. Well, I certainly thinks that todays youngers ones do looks like olders ones.
I'm more worried about the 14 year olds who feel pressured to barely wear clothes, coat themselves in makeup and back comb their hair until it is sat like a pineapple on their head.
Reply 7

Justin-Bieber-2012.jpeg

enough said
Either way they're all more attractive than me.
Firstly, it's "Do today's younger ones look older....".

Alternatively, to render better and more intelligible English, you should really have typed: "Do the young ones of today look older than their age" etc.

Secondly, I'd agree with you that many young people these days are growing up very quickly. I'm talking about 12 or 13 year olds being as developed as a 15 year old for example. Your example of an 18 year old and a 23 year old is quite silly.
Some people look older than they are and some people look younger than they are. There are 18 year old students who look like children and others who look like adults. I don't think this is different to previous generations and if anything we should look and act younger because we start careers later (and thus save the sleep deprivation induced ageing process).
Reply 11
Original post by Llamageddon
Some people look older than they are and some people look younger than they are. There are 18 year old students who look like children and others who look like adults. I don't think this is different to previous generations and if anything we should look and act younger because we start careers later (and thus save the sleep deprivation induced ageing process).

Pretty much this.

Though teenagers do try harder to be more grown up nowadays, in the way they dress and such.
It seems to swing either way and always has done. 'Looking your age' is a bit of a myth anyway as it's only based on comparison of averages which a lot of people will deviate from.

Me personally, I am approaching my mid-twenties and still get frequently mistaken as underage. Mixture of height, boyish face, small build... it's a curse. For example, a few weeks ago I got in a new window clearner for my house and upon greeting him at the door was asked if my parents were at home (?!?!).

On the other hand I have peers who look quite a bit older. But you wouldn't know unless you happened to know the age of most people you see. Otherwise you'll just assume they must be the age they 'look'.
If anything they look younger. It's those crazy hair styles kids have these days. When you look at kids and think "Is that how kids wear their hair these days" you know you're behind the times.
A lot of it, I believe, is simply the result of people adopting habits associated with adults - wearing make-up, taking a particular interest in fashion, etc. - at a younger age. With that said, I'm fairly sure that I've read about Western children hitting puberty, on average, at an earlier age than ever.
I'm 26.

I still get IDed for rolling papers... :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest