The Student Room Group

One Direction being sued because of their name.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4250152/Two-Directions.html

Haha. Looks like it's big money aswell.

us one direction.jpg

Pic related.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

And they are demanding three times the profits made by the Brits, as well as damages of more than £600,000.

a little bit ambitious?

Although I doubt much will happen... I wonder what they'd have to change their name to if they were unsuccessful in contesting the claim
It's fairly obvious why US One Direction is doing this... :colonhash:
this is moderately funny.

edit: actually, 'mildly amusing' is more like it. yes, that's the one i was looking for. definitely not 'moderately funny'.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
I honestly don't know who either of those bands are. I've heard of One Direction before as my (then) missus used to rave about them.

Guess they are some sort of Pop-factor thing?
If only they could be sued for being ****...
Reply 6
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
If the US group had the name first, then it's their name. What's with the people on that link suggesting that the US group should change their name?
Reply 8
“To protect our rights, we reluctantly have filed a lawsuit.” Land of the brave :biggrin:
Reply 9
neg me pussies
Reply 10
They should counter-sue. Do it the American way.
Reply 11
Me betting on an out-of-court settlement
Reply 12
Pretty pathetic on the part of the US band. If anything, they will benefit from a far more successful band sharing the same name - at least some people looking for the UK band will find the US one and eventually buy their music.

Three times their profits and damages of £600,000 is totally out of proportion.

If the project name I'm working under currently was used by another band who became as famous as the UK One Direction then I wouldn't be pissed off and sue anyone. As it stands someone else is using the same name already. And seeing as it's the name of a couple of hills in shropshire/herefordshire I reckon nobody would really care anyway.
Reply 13
These guys only have a decent claim if they can prove that by having the same way - it has hurt their reputation financially....or visa versa
Reply 14
I'm no fan of the band but demanding three times their profits and a million dollars in damages is ridiculous. The US band is a tiny one which plays in pubs and clubs, but they're essentially saying that they would be millionaires by now if it wasn't for the UK and Ireland version? I hardly think so. If you're going to start a court case at least be reasonable and make it one that you can win, like a hundred thousand dollars at most. There is a worrying rise in the number of people who try to sue their way to wealth.
(edited 11 years ago)
Why are they allowed to do this? :|
Original post by Craig_D
I'm no fan of the band but demanding three times their profits and a million dollars in damages is ridiculous. The US band is a tiny one which plays in pubs and clubs, but they're essential saying that they would be millionaires by now if it wasn't for the UK and Ireland version? I hardly think so. If you're going to start a court case at least be reasonable and make it one that you can win, like a hundred thousand dollars at most. There is a worrying rise in the number of people who try to sue their way to wealth.

Been happening for a while now!
They deserve some compensation not 3* what the XFactor one have earned + £600k lol at this bit "To protect our rights, we reluctantly have filed a lawsuit.” as if they will be delighted at th prospect of getting free money I would be too.

Also have to laugh at the retard teenage girls in the comments section the the article they are mega retards
Reply 18
lool this is good news!!! They got nothing on JB
Reply 19
Original post by swaggiee
lool this is good news!!! They got nothing on JB

this.

Quick Reply

Latest