The Student Room Group

Train2Game

I have an interview with Train2Game on Thursday about applying for a games testing course. The interviewer is going to come to my house, has anyone done this before and does anyone know what type of questions they will ask?
Reply 1
Original post by Royale
I have an interview with Train2Game on Thursday about applying for a games testing course. The interviewer is going to come to my house, has anyone done this before and does anyone know what type of questions they will ask?

If you do about of googling you can find quite a bit about Train2Game and their 'interviews'.

Bear in mind that the 'interviewer' may be, in fact, a salesman - I wouldn't sign anything while he's in your house.
Reply 2
Game testing course? I never heard of a course to become a game tester, to my knowledge - you apply directly to a gaming developer or join an agency. All you do is play their game 50-100 times then write a detailed report..hardly need a course for it.

Game testing is almost always used as a job to open the door to do 3d art, programming, game design etc.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Doing the course will not put you in any better position.
Reply 4
I really need to start a company that sells expensive ****ty courses. Students seem to lap these up.
Reply 5
I cancelled the meeting anyway when I found out how much they money ask for, I didn't trust the guy on the phone, he kept calling like 3 times a day and seemed a bit shady and desperate.
Reply 6
Original post by Matty919
I really need to start a company that sells expensive ****ty courses. Students seem to lap these up.

Lol I wouldn't have even bothered if I knew the price of the course.
Reply 7
Steer clear of this so called 'training company. Back in 2012 I received a leaflet in my mailbox from them. I am also in a dead-end job looking to better myself and seeing they were offering training in the game industry and being from an art background I decided to join. A few days later they contacted me to schedule an interview and an 'advisor' came my house. I soon realized this advisor is nothing more but a salesperson. They're all about creating sales and making you feel bad for being in the position you're in. It's a psychological game they play to get sales. Despite this I signed up on the Game art and Animation course and started it straight away. The course is very mediocre. The books, they mail to you, are poorly made with pages that come apart. They don't even cover all the other softwares that is used in the industry. They only focus on 3ds Max. They say they can offer a work placement which is a lie. Despite reaching the last section of the course I was denied the chance to finish as my computer broke down and I did communicate this with them. This was one of the things that held me back and when I tried to sign into student world in January 2016 I discovered I was blocked without warning. When I asked for an extension a few months earlier in November 2015 they said I should wait till February 2016. But they had decided to take me off the course in January without warning and I did dispute this with them.

I would urge people to avoid Train2Game. They are not reputable.
Don't do it, its a waste of money. I had one of these salesmen come to my house. All they do is send you a book and files to do it from home and the qualification you gain isn't very recognized

Quick Reply

Latest