The Student Room Group

Missed a deadline

So heres my issue.

I failed a module during first semester getting 38% I dont blame anybody for this and had a total meltdown as I could not understand the question despite numerous help from friends and lecturers.

So I resat the module and handed in the hard copy before leaving for Easter. I then had to wait till online submission opened however totally forgetting about this I have now handed it in 2 days late. I am panicking as I was already capped at 40% that I will fail again.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I study at Keele University if this makes a difference.
Reply 1
Original post by vicki-uni
So heres my issue.

I failed a module during first semester getting 38% I dont blame anybody for this and had a total meltdown as I could not understand the question despite numerous help from friends and lecturers.

So I resat the module and handed in the hard copy before leaving for Easter. I then had to wait till online submission opened however totally forgetting about this I have now handed it in 2 days late. I am panicking as I was already capped at 40% that I will fail again.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I study at Keele University if this makes a difference.

You in 1st or 2nd year?
Reply 2
Speak to your programme leader perhaps, they should be professional and civilized in matters and course of action you can take, usually some will advise you to speak to the Undergraduate/Postgraduate office and to provide a letter from doctors if you have one by filling in a form.

So best to talk with them about the course of actions you can take and whether your eligible.
Reply 3
I am in second year.

I have no circumstances to get an extension like a doctors note as this was not the issue.
Reply 4
Get yourself one of those big wall planners to go in your room, then write down all your deadlines so this doesn't happen again - you may be able to sort it out this time, but if it happens again you're going to fail. force yourself to get organised!!

we can't tell you what will happen as every uni is different - but your best chance is to arrange a meeting or phone your tutor and explain what happened, in the hope that they'll forgive you.
(edited 12 years ago)
Dunno, at my uni things got stamped with a date when you handed in a physical copy. My tactic would be to lie and say you were somewhere without access to a computer so you're sorry it was late but if they check the hard copy it will be dated (if it is).
Reply 6
This only happened as the online submission wasnt open when I handed in my paper copy otherwise I would have done both together.

They do not stamp they just tick your name off a form which is such a stupid system.

I emailed my personal tutor but I doubt she will be awake and on her computer this early so I will have to wait.
Reply 7
Check out the unis extenuating circumstances policy.
well it's not your fault since it wasn't open in time???
I think it will probably be ok if you go see someone and explain, if you'd not handed anything in I'd say you're stuck, but as long as both versions are the same, and one was in in time, as long as the person is reasonable and you explain politely you should be ok.
I'd go in and see them asap though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending