The Student Room Group

Disney Society Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
Agreed- it's one of few disney music moments that's really powerful without words. I was so impressed with Tangled, it was a lot more psychological than other films I thought... like the mother was evil, but in a subtle, manipulative way.

I totally agree. They've gone off the more obviously evil villains here, and shown one which puts you down and restrains you without you even knowing it happens, just amazing.

Tangled shows that even after, what has it been, 70 or 80 years, that Disney is still strong. Pretty suprised at the ending though.

I liked her hair better before :biggrin:
omg The Lion king, I loved it. I still remember all the songs. My next favourite would be Mulan or Pocahontas!
As the audience, there's no way I could choose!! I love them all, really. As a story teller, "The Jungle Book" and "Peter Pan" are the most popular disney stories I tell.
Lion King, Tangled, Mulan and Wallie :biggrin:
Original post by Rickkkkk
I totally agree. They've gone off the more obviously evil villains here, and shown one which puts you down and restrains you without you even knowing it happens, just amazing.

Tangled shows that even after, what has it been, 70 or 80 years, that Disney is still strong. Pretty suprised at the ending though.

I liked her hair better before :biggrin:
Lol I have to agree. I thought Disney made that point first with the Princess and the Frog though.
Reply 25
My favourite Disney films have got to be Aladdin, Alice in Wonderland and Beauty and the Beast. :yep:
I am such a Disney lover *.* I think I will always look like a child when I am watching some disney movie. I prefere classic Disney movies, those one I saw in my childhood. (Lion King and Tarzan are my favourite ones). But I like many other, like Beauty and the Beast (*.*), Alladin, Little Mermaid, The Aristocats... and more recent movies, but really awesome as well: Princess and the frog and Tangled. DISNEYYY <3
Clearly the best one in the Black Cauldron.
Though asking me to choose a favourite like that is like asking a mother to choose her favourite child. D:
went to watch beauty and the beast yesterday in 3d lol never gets old :smile:
for me i like a few disney movies even the new ones but only for the songs sleeping Beauty is my fave with once upon a dream :P
Lion king will always be the best!
U forgot Hercules....
Let's resuscitate this thread!

Yes, there are a lot of films missing from that poll. Why don't we just list our favourite Disney films from memory?

Here goes (1 = favouritest favourite, 10 = least favouritest favourite)

1. Beauty and the Beast
2. WALL-E
3. Brave
4. Frozen
5. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
6. The Princess and the Frog
7. The Little Mermaid
8. Tangled
9. Alice in Wonderland (the ANIMATED version, not that Tim Burton ABOMINATION)
10. Lilo and Stitch

Prepared to discuss each and every one, as well as the myriad I haven't mentioned, with anyone who wants. :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by ThatDisneyObsess
Let's resuscitate this thread!

Yes, there are a lot of films missing from that poll. Why don't we just list our favourite Disney films from memory?

Here goes (1 = favouritest favourite, 10 = least favouritest favourite)

1. Beauty and the Beast
2. WALL-E
3. Brave
4. Frozen
5. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
6. The Princess and the Frog
7. The Little Mermaid
8. Tangled
9. Alice in Wonderland (the ANIMATED version, not that Tim Burton ABOMINATION)
10. Lilo and Stitch

Prepared to discuss each and every one, as well as the myriad I haven't mentioned, with anyone who wants. :smile:

the fox and the hound
the lion king
beauty and the beast
oliver and company
the little mermaid
robin hood
the hunchback of notre damn
tarzan
hercules
tangled

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is my Home!
Original post by AKWxxx
the fox and the hound
the lion king
beauty and the beast
oliver and company
the little mermaid
robin hood
the hunchback of notre damn
tarzan
hercules
tangled

Posted from TSR Mobile

1) Mulan
2) Frozen
3) Brave
4) Tangled
5) Lion King
6) Monsters Inc
7) Beauty and the Beast
8) Pochahontas
9) Bambi:smile:
10) The Incredibles
Oh I love them all! But Big Hero 6, Frozen and Tangled have to be my top three <3
Reply 37
Mulan!!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest