The Student Room Group

Will I be considered a resit applicant?

I'm an international student, I just finished my final exams (they're like A-levels) but I feel like I could have done way better so I'm definitely taking retaking them in October. I was just wondering if unis would accept my application or would they not consider me at all? Cause I heard something about a two year period but I'm not sure if that only applies to those with A Levels.
Reply 1
This depends on the uni and subject. You might struggle to find unis that will consider you for medicine, for example.
The best thing to do is to contact the universities you are considering. Aso them if they would allow you to apply and would consider giving you and offer- try to get it in writing if you can.

It will probably depend on how long it normally takes people do to the exams you've done. It would be unfair if they said you have to do it in 2 years when the exams you're studying take 3 (as an example).

Maybe explain that you feel you could have done better and try to get evidence from your teachers to prove you are capable of achieving higher.

Also, maybe look at what grades the course requires. At the end of the day it's probably not a good idea to risk losing the chance to apply if you can achieve the entry requirements. I know you want high grades, but once you have a degree, any exams you did before that don't really get much attention.

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending