The Student Room Group

EPQ in Economics over the Summer?

Has anyone done this? Is it doable?

I would really like to see an example EPQ to see how you set the tone/structure if anyone knows a site where i can see them?

I'm willing to work hard for this over the summer but want to know if it is an achievable goal before i start?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Bump?
Reply 2
Original post by TheHaylio
Has anyone done this? Is it doable?

I would really like to see an example EPQ to see how you set the tone/structure if anyone knows a site where i can see them?

I'm willing to work hard for this over the summer but want to know if it is an achievable goal before i start?

Thanks!

Anything is possible to do it, i did mine on emerging economy of india and china i compared the fact and figured and came to a conclusion of which economy would be leader by 2050? It is possible to do it and finish it in space of six weeks.

However, motivation is very impo also u need to spend first two weeks researching into ur topic area to get into higher mark band, i am trying to look for the website which had all info and how to structure it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Original post by heyama00
Anything is possible to do it, i did mine on emerging economy of india and china i compared the fact and figured and came to a conclusion of which economy would be leader by 2050? It is possible to do it and finish it in space of six weeks.

However, motivation is very impo also u need to spend first two weeks researching into ur topic area to get into higher mark band, i am trying to look for the website which had all info and how to structure it.

Thank you very much! Do you do research before starting to write it up then? And just use it to be back up your points? :smile:
Reply 4
Thank you very much! Do you do research before starting to write it up then? And just use it to be back up your points? :smile:

The more research u do the higher mark band u can get, i am assuming the board is AQA if so go to their web and look for extended project and the course spec, all the marking criteria is in there. Have a read and explore ur topic area broadly and narrow it down later.

Make sure u knw ur topic area better. I got A on it close getting A*.

Hope it helps

Reply 5

Also make sure u save all the website, pdf or any materials u use save the link or page, Harvard Reference very very impo.

I can send u mine to have a look at the structure and the way its done.

Reply 6
Also make sure u save all the website, pdf or any materials u use save the link or page, Harvard Reference very very impo.

That would be so great! Thank you!
Reply 7
I'm doing it with edexcel :smile: how long did it take you to do yours? Hours wise?
Reply 8
I'm doing it with edexcel :smile: how long did it take you to do yours? Hours wise?

Prob took me 4 hours each day for 3 weeks inc research and 1 whole day to put all together an check spelling & grammar.

It has to hight quality and well presented to get high grade but its we worth it as easy UMS can be picked up.

Reply 9
Prob took me 4 hours each day for 3 weeks inc research and 1 whole day to put all together an check spelling & grammar.

It has to hight quality and well presented to get high grade but its we worth it as easy UMS can be picked up.

Thats great to hear :smile: thanks! did you have a mentor throughout this time to tell you if you were doing it right?
Reply 10
Thats great to hear :smile: thanks! did you have a mentor throughout this time to tell you if you were doing it right?

Yeah and was really help full to have one as advice was given and also he marked my work before i gave in final work which boosted my grade :smile:

Reply 11

Hey, could you PLEASE send me this as well and any other resources you have. I would really appreciate it.

The email is [email protected]

Quick Reply

Latest