The Student Room Group

Extra A Levels

Hey! I'm going into my final year at Uni and I'm still thinking about what to do when I leave. I was thinking about doing some more A Levels during my final year and so I'll need to apply pretty much straight away! Has anyone done this? I mean I don't need to, I'm just interested in studying a different subject for a change! Also has anyone done intensive A Levels in a year?

Meh it's just a thought, so any help would be great!
Reply 1
I think it will depend on which subject you wish to study.
Reply 2
I was thinking of Law, or maybe Chemistry. I'm not sure to be honest.
Reply 3
Well to be honest Law and Chemistry are very difficult subjects. Especially Chemistry which has the reputation of being one of the hardest A-level subjects. I can only speak from what other have told me as I have no experience in this whatsoever. I think I am correct in stating that the final year in Uni will be toughest and therefore you will need 101% concentration, if you get what I mean. Of course it will also depend on your course, but if you are unsure of what job you wish to do, I doubt very much that an A-level will help you. Having a Law A-level will not enable to practice law without a Law degree, in fact Law is not required for any course. Having a Chemistry A-level will not transform you into a scientist. Are you planning on doing another UG course after you finish?
Reply 4
* gemchicken
Hey! I'm going into my final year at Uni and I'm still thinking about what to do when I leave. I was thinking about doing some more A Levels during my final year and so I'll need to apply pretty much straight away! Has anyone done this? I mean I don't need to, I'm just interested in studying a different subject for a change! Also has anyone done intensive A Levels in a year?

Meh it's just a thought, so any help would be great!

Don't compromise your degree result for the sake of a few extra A-Levels!
Reply 5
I guess I don't want to compromise my degree and I realise I'll have loads of work on, but to be honest I'm just really doubting what I want to do in my future :frown: I mean I'm doing a psychology degree, and am on target for a 2.1 but I'm so confused as to what I should do next! I mean I have no idea, and it seems all my mates at Uni know exaclty what they want to do :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending