The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Accomodation 2012

What up !

So, I just wanna know how many manchester university people are going to live in that new building (its currently being built) next to the oxford road train station, Its called student castle and is apparently going to open in Sept 2012!! :smile:
Oh my god, what up!

This is so obviously not an advertisement lololoooll!

edit: Oh god, it looks like ikea threw up everywhere.
(edited 11 years ago)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
hahahaha! I can guarantee that this is not an advertisement. True story.

But yeah I just wanna know really :] I mean its a good thing to know the neighbors right?

Edit: It looks modern tho! XD
Reply 3
:O I like Richmond Park, a lot anything apart from Owen's Park, but I want self-catered anyway.
Original post by ellakrystina
Oh my god, what up!

This is so obviously not an advertisement lololoooll!

edit: Oh god, it looks like ikea threw up everywhere.

Agreed. In a rather overpriced way. Just go into uni halls like normal people.
Reply 5

Like normal people. ouch. so I'm not normal? haha
Reply 6

Original post by ctgmart

Well, going into uni halls is what the vast majority of people do, and it's better for several reasons (cost, living with other freshers etc.), so going for private halls would be the abnormal thing to do.
Reply 8
I think your definition of normal is different from mine as for any other people's definition as well. the fact that you consider 'living in private halls would be abnormal' is a pretty groundless statement. (no offence bro) but you just can't say that, ok maybe in your opinion but still haha.

soooo what? like the people in all universities that lives in private halls have concluded an abnormal decision? loool.
Original post by ctgmart
I think your definition of normal is different from mine as for any other people's definition as well. the fact that you consider 'living in private halls would be abnormal' is a pretty groundless statement. (no offence bro) but you just can't say that, ok maybe in your opinion but still haha.

soooo what? like the people in all universities that lives in private halls have concluded an abnormal decision? loool.

If the vast majority (90%+, with most of the rest living at home and a few in shared houses) of first years live in university halls, then living in private halls is not the normal thing to do. It's not my opinion, it's just a statistical fact.
Reply 10
If the vast majority (90%+, with most of the rest living at home and a few in shared houses) of first years live in university halls, then living in private halls is not the normal thing to do. It's not my opinion, it's just a statistical fact.

ah. I think we are trying to point out 2 different things, you are talking about first years and I'm talking about first, second, third to post graduate, more like a long term accommodation really. and I am sure that the variables for the statistics are a little bit different.
Reply 11
Hi
I will be going into my first year at Manchester Uni and cus i'm a local student i don't get guaranteed accommodation. Had a look around the private halls in the city centre and they look quite good. I'd rather have ikea throw up all over than the 1960's throw up all over a crumby 5 bedroom old house. Plus would rather have a couple minute walk to Uni than get the bus in everyday!!
Original post by sutty4
Hi
I will be going into my first year at Manchester Uni and cus i'm a local student i don't get guaranteed accommodation. Had a look around the private halls in the city centre and they look quite good. I'd rather have ikea throw up all over than the 1960's throw up all over a crumby 5 bedroom old house. Plus would rather have a couple minute walk to Uni than get the bus in everyday!!

Oh look, more advertising! Apparently you were going to Newcastle Uni and were looking at the student castle there too, what a coincidence! Get a better marketing team.

And for reference:

All first year UOM students are guarenteed accommodation regardless of where they live.

http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/our-accommodation/accommodation-guarantee
Original post by sutty4
Hi

You do get guaranteed accommodation though, regardless of where you live! Even if you currently lived opposite the halls, you'd be guaranteed halls so long as you meet a few conditions, which are

All UK/EU undergraduates in the first year of study, provided they

- are coming to University alone
- are studying for their first degree
- have submitted an application for accommodation by 31 August of the year of entry
- have met the conditions of their offer by 31 August
- are applying for accommodation for a full academic session (ie. September to June)

http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/our-accommodation/accommodation-guarantee

I have to admit that I rather like the imagery of the 1960s throwing up over a house though!
Reply 14
Oh look, more advertising! Apparently you were going to Newcastle Uni and were looking at the student castle there too, what a coincidence! Get a better marketing team.

And for reference:

All first year UOM students are guarenteed accommodation regardless of where they live.

I am curious. why do you see this thread as an advertisement? I mean duuuudee really? LOL, I am quite fascinated by your point of view tbh haha

anyway let me make this clear, I am not advertising it. I Just really wanna know if anyone is gonna live in it because I want to have a fellow manchester university student as my neighbor, I know I know that fallowfield is the so called student area, but not all of us prefer living in the "student area", dont get me wrong, I will definitely go and chill there somewhere but at the same time I also want my private place.

haha

Quick Reply