The Student Room Group

ICT OCR Exam G063- 12th June 2012 thread

This thread is for anyone doing the G063 ICT exam on the 12th june 2012, share revision tips/advice and post exam discussion, i am taking this exam for the first time.

Happy revising

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
so i'm sitting this exam and the g061 aswell.. i don't know how to revise for it.. any tips?
Reply 2
Hey, I'm also sitting the G063 exam. Thought i might find some useful tips on here, because right now, I'm using teach-ict as revision.
How about you guys?
Reply 3
I have used teach ict but i think its doesn't have all the chapters for a2 so im not really sure, i find ict soo hard to revise for a might try some exam style questions. :/
Reply 4
Original post by _holly_
I have used teach ict but i think its doesn't have all the chapters for a2 so im not really sure, i find ict soo hard to revise for a might try some exam style questions. :/

Problem solved :smile:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Information-Communication-Technology-Revision-Guide/dp/144411123X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334953578&sr=8-2

Btw how far along the cw are you?
Reply 5

I finished my coursework about 4 weeks ago :smile: about 110 pages later ;/ i made quite a cool booking system, i found the coursework worryingly fun, its just the exam that always lets me down.
hows your revision coming along??
Reply 6
Original post by _holly_
I finished my coursework about 4 weeks ago :smile: about 110 pages later ;/ i made quite a cool booking system, i found the coursework worryingly fun, its just the exam that always lets me down.
hows your revision coming along??

I did the exam in January, didn't get what I wanted but got what I needed.
I used the book in my other post and it was really useful. I just made notes from the book then revised my notes until I knew mostly everything off by heart.

CW on the other hand is really annoying, I went of on a code-spree (no other way of saying it :P) with my system and put in soo many random features. It's got to the point where annotating it, is literally putting me through hell :l
Reply 7
done my cw 'twas fine but it dragged on forever, in the end got A secured i think
just worried about the exam
i also bought the book shown above; only used it a couple of times, it doesnt cover some things so just keep the main book close to you just to make sure lol :smile:
gotten used to the 11 marker's but now need to get used to the rest of the papers "/
Reply 8
Hi everyone :smile:
im dreading this exam! its all facts that need to be remembered D: and i HATED the coursework too, blaaah...
the AS coursework was TERRIBLE apprently all over the country =/ and thats what let me down to im trying to pick up my D from AS to a C or even a B (getting a little optimisstic lol)
I'm taking this exam. I'm finding it so difficult to answer the questions exactly the way they want.
Reply 10
ICT is my first exam..been using this site..i would recommend for you to use it breaks each specification point into a PowerPoint
http://www.dolinski.co.uk/pages/ks5/ocr_ict/g063/index.html
Reply 11
Original post by Executioner
I'm taking this exam. I'm finding it so difficult to answer the questions exactly the way they want.

Try looking at all the mark schemes, once you've looked at enough of the papers, you will see that they are always asking the same questions. Learning the mark schemes, might help you understand what they are looking for. :smile:
Original post by cgujer
Try looking at all the mark schemes, once you've looked at enough of the papers, you will see that they are always asking the same questions. Learning the mark schemes, might help you understand what they are looking for. :smile:

Thank you. That's exactly what I'm going to do now. :smile:
Reply 13
I was just wondering if anyone had any tips of the 11 mark questions. Ways to revise, or prepare? :smile:
Original post by cgujer
I was just wondering if anyone had any tips of the 11 mark questions. Ways to revise, or prepare? :smile:

go over every kind of 11 mark in the last relevent topic, (6 i think)
so like, impact on medicie, schools and all the obvious kind of things that could appear..
and my teacher said maybe look into the Olympics. Don't fully go and research it but just keep it in mind or something.

other then that idk lol...
How are you finding the rest of the boook? :smile:.
Original post by Joy0712
ICT is my first exam..been using this site..i would recommend for you to use it breaks each specification point into a PowerPoint
http://www.dolinski.co.uk/pages/ks5/ocr_ict/g063/index.html

Wow thats a really helpful site!! Instead of reading pointless tings in the book it kind of takes the important bits.
(but i do refer to the text book just incase lol)
Thanks! :smile:
Reply 16
so is everyone ready for the exam tomorrow?
Reply 17
Yeah I think so, its just retaining the information, I know what they want from me, but i have a problem with babbling about nothing. Guys quick question what do you think about starting section B first and then going back to Section A afterwards. I know I have a problem with time and everything?
Reply 18
You could do that, section A is designed to pick up the easy marks and then section B we have to apply the answer to the context. I suppose you could do section B first as that will require more writing and then we have the annoying essay at the end.
Reply 19
How do you feel about the exam? Yeah that annoying essay at the end is always a bitch!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending