The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling applicants 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by bowlikesatumble
Where are you from? An hour out of Glasgow
What are you thinking of applying for? English Studies and Professional education (Secondary)
What grades do you need? Unsure. I think they wanted 3 B's but I got an Unconditional offer.
What grades do you have? AABCC (Awaiting results of a resit though, predicted at an A)

I first applied for Stirling back in 2010 for the same course and was offered a conditional, but failed to meet the requirement (they wanted a 'B' in English and I'd only managed to get a 'C'). I took a year out, then went to college to resit my Higher, and then two months before my exam, I find out that the Uni was going to accept me even though I still only had a 'C'. So I pretty much wasted this year trying to improve my grade when I didn't have to, but no matter, I'm just so thrilled to be going!! :biggrin:

(Sorry for the rambling, haha.)

Sort of the same as me, I was at college doing a HNC and Higher English again as I just had a C, ended up not needing it :lol:
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 541
Original post by Scottish :)
Damn I want to go to Stirling, but I'm guessing that the March 30th interview is the final one? So if I havent heard form them by now I guess thats probably a no then? The swimming sounds like a piss take. Tread water for 2mins (ie down drown for 2mins) and get out unassisted?! Wonder if they offer water wings incase thats a big tricky?

Gymnastics at Edinburgh was fun, the guys were horrid, they couldnt have looked more awkward tbh, some of the girls were outstanding, I thought I was okay, was better than the guys in my group anyway

you don't really think about it as I thought the same but after a day of giving it your all during the activities at Stirling your mentally drained from the presentation in front of people before your one on one personal interview which is like a right drilling and your trying to think about a million things at once and your nervous then you have to run across (at least I did as I was on of the last personal interviews) from the tennis national academy over to the swimming national academy get changed and get a locker (easier said than done) before arriving last and then being told its your turn to swim. I am physically really fit as I play football and Im really really athletic but even I was fairly daunted by the challenge and although almost everyone got out the pool not everyone could retrieve the brick. although I was very annoyed as some idiot dropped the brick in the corner at 2.5m and Im asthmatic so I nearly killed myself trying to get to it... somehow I managed but the staff were amazing and said that even if I didnt get it they would have passed me as it was not my fault it was in a corner .5 a meter further down. but yeah stirling was amazing compared to edinbugh. Think the staff and the campus atmosphere was sooooo much better!
Reply 542
Where are you from? Glenrothes, Fife (across water from ed)
What are you thinking of applying for? I've got a conditional for PE teaching
What grades do you need? BBB
What grades do you have? ACCC + Int2 B

this year resitting 2 highers to up the grades and crashing higher music and higher spanish.
:smile:
Reply 543
Hi just wondering, has anyone received their welcome pack yet? Stirling uni said they'd be sent out in July but i've not received one yet :/
Reply 544
Any pictures of the strength and conditioning center? Can't really find any on the net, liking the sound of 10 olympic platforms :biggrin:
Original post by erinkad
Hi just wondering, has anyone received their welcome pack yet? Stirling uni said they'd be sent out in July but i've not received one yet :/

I got my one in today, so you shouldn't be waiting too much longer. :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 546
Hi all, Im from London and will be studying Religion with History secondary teaching. Im planning on staying in Glasgow though and commuting, does anyone know if this is viable? Also, I wasn't planning on moving until the 10th, is the Saturday the 8th essential do you think?
thanks!
Original post by abu123
Hi all, Im from London and will be studying Religion with History secondary teaching. Im planning on staying in Glasgow though and commuting, does anyone know if this is viable? Also, I wasn't planning on moving until the 10th, is the Saturday the 8th essential do you think?
thanks!

Hi I'm doing history and Secondary education too :smile: Regarding your question on the viability of commuting from Glasgow you can probably do it I think there is a rail link from Glasgow Queen Street to Stirling and a bus from there to the uni. What event are you talking about on Saturday 8th?
Reply 548
Hey guys anyone else applied for accounting with business law ? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 549
Original post by alisha0x
Hey guys anyone else applied for accounting with business law ? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

me!! the exact same, i suppose you mean starting in september this year haha?
Reply 550
Original post by eilidh675
me!! the exact same, i suppose you mean starting in september this year haha?

Haha yeh im new to this noticed I posted it in the wrong one after posting it lol .. Do you have a conditional ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 551
Original post by alisha0x
Haha yeh im new to this noticed I posted it in the wrong one after posting it lol .. Do you have a conditional ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha no worries:-) nope I have an unconditional, what about you?:-) you got fb?
Reply 552
Original post by eilidh675
Haha no worries:-) nope I have an unconditional, what about you?:-) you got fb?

I have a conditional but I have my first choice as napier lol .. Yeh I do whats your name il add you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest