The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Aha... So THAT'S why Sheffield never bothered to contact me...

Hi guys.

I've finally worked out why I never get any e-mails from Sheffield (or UCAS for that matter)...

BECAUSE UCAS PUT MY E-MAIL DOWN WRONG!!!

I went on Sheffield's accommodation contract site thingy and it showed me a wrong e-mail lol. Anyway, at least I know I now have accommodation... I just have to wait for the letter to tell me where!

EDIT: Just been on the contracts site, put my details in... I got my first choice accommodation (Ranmoor)... WOOHOO!!!
Guitarmarama
Hi guys.

I've finally worked out why I never get any e-mails from Sheffield (or UCAS for that matter)...

I went on Sheffield's accommodation contract site thingy and it showed me a wrong e-mail lol. Anyway, at least I know I now have accommodation... I just have to wait for the letter to tell me where!

I havent had any emails either, where did you see the wrong one listed???
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
well I had my registration pack today at home (its postgrad so nothing for you guys to worry about sending back ) which said it needed returning by the 19th. Erm bit hard when you don't send it me til the 24th guys. Its not even where I'm living now and the 25th is the last date so I missed it oops.
Reply 3
Guitarmarama
Hi guys.

A great new!!! I will want to know your accommodation offer! :wink:
Reply 4
(Just put on above post not realising everyone else posted replies)

I'm in ranmoor... decided to check the contracts site anyway and it says i'm in ranmoor, but i'll still need to ring up to find out whether i'll be getting a letter or another e-mail...

EDIT: Tried both accommodation helplines and nobody's answering... argh...
Guitarmarama
(Just put on above post not realising everyone else posted replies)

I'm in ranmoor... decided to check the contracts site anyway and it says i'm in ranmoor, but i'll still need to ring up to find out whether i'll be getting a letter or another e-mail...

EDIT: Tried both accommodation helplines and nobody's answering... argh...

hmm, my details dont work. Perhaps they are still processing the "firm " applicants.
Reply 6
My mate is going to be living in Ranmoor :smile:, I'll be in Sorby, they're close yeah?
Reply 7
yeah they are fairly close. Me and my friend are in the same situation. She is in Sorby and Im in Ranmoor
Reply 8
Seems like a strange coincidence that the three people I know going to Sheffield this year are all in Earnshaw!!! Doesn't bother me though (got my 1st choice - Ranmoor - WOOHOO!) it's only down the road and it's not hard to make friends in a hall of 800 people!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending