The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Go to another uni FFS.
Reply 61
St Andrews is bitchin'.
I'd give it some thought.
Just go to another uni. St Andrews and east Anglia are good and are two of the tops for history of art. If you get rejected from Cambridge once you probably will again so I wouldn't bother

Oh and I'm surprised your offer UEA is so high??? I'm looking at history of art and the prospectus only says abb/bbb!
Reply 63
tillytots
Just go to another uni. St Andrews and east Anglia are good and are two of the tops for history of art. If you get rejected from Cambridge once you probably will again so I wouldn't bother

Oh and I'm surprised your offer UEA is so high??? I'm looking at history of art and the prospectus only says abb/bbb!

My offer was AAB the same as St Andrews probably because there was alot of interest in the course that year or because my predictions were A*A*A*A.
Reply 64
Hello,
Just wondered if anyone knows anyone thats not met their offer for Cambridge but got an offer and retook, reapplied and actually been considered or got in. I find myself in that position. Does anyone know where i can get hold of UK stats for the amount of people reapplying through UCAS and getting in the next year? THanks.
Reply 65
You won't get an offer unless you have mitigating circumstances.
amishg
Hello,
Just wondered if anyone knows anyone thats not met their offer for Cambridge but got an offer and retook, reapplied and actually been considered or got in. I find myself in that position. Does anyone know where i can get hold of UK stats for the amount of people reapplying through UCAS and getting in the next year? THanks.

Me. I got an offer of AAA, got AAB, then reapplied to the same college & same course the next year and got an unconditional offer, although I did do some resits and more A-levels during my gap year because I'm a cool kid.
Reply 67
I was rejected by Oxford last year for English Lit after interview. My feedback basically suggested that there was unprecedented competition this year and in a previous year I may have been successful. Since then I've changed my mind about what I want to do and I'm now applying for PPS at St Catharine's, Cambridge with A*A*A in my A Levels. It's got to be worth a try, I was going to have a gap year anyway and I'm planning to travel more. If you feel like you have an honest chance of getting in and that it won't be a wasted year, go for it.
Reply 68
Hey guys,
So i got my A level results a few weeks ago. pretty pleased with 3A*s in Maths, Bio and Chem. I have a place at Notts to do Natural Sciences seeing as i got pooled and then eventually rejected from pembroke college, this time round. So i've recently had a change of heart and now want to do chemical engineering. I've managed to arrange an interview with the course director at notts next week to try and switch courses but i am having side thoughts on taking a year out and reapplying to cambridge. Notts is like 10/11th for chemical engineering in the league tables and Cambs comes out on top. Is it really worth it in the long run for me to take a year out and reapply to Cambs? I know i will have an amazing time in Notts if i go. The only thing that i am worried about is what I'd do in this gap year. Since results my mind's been here and there about what to do. I've literally done nothing, and I hate it.
Sorry for writing an essay,
I'm just looking for advice.
Reply 69
Skittle
One of my cousins did. It's not unheard of.

so the first time did your cousin get an interview? or was it because of grades?
Reply 70
thatguyoverthere
One of my best friends did.

did your best friend get an interview for the first time? or was it because of grades? if so, what grades did he/she get for AS and what grades for A2?

Latest

Trending

Trending