The Student Room Group

A* Grade Further Maths

If you take Further Maths A2 and the best three A2 units are considered when deciding if an A* is awarded, do C3 and C4 still count? So, if you got an A* in Maths and had 90 UMS average on C3 and C4 does that mean in Further Maths you just have to get an A overall and one more A2 unit at 90 UMS?
Reply 1
C3 and C4 are not part of the FM qualification
To get A*, you need 90% in the A2 exams
Reply 3
Original post by The Doggfather
To get A*, you need 90% in the A2 exams

Your post isn't clear.

Average of 90% in C3 and C4 are needed to get an A* in A-Level maths.

Average of 90% in the best 3 A2 modules is needed to get an A* in further maths.
You need 90% in the FM A2 exams, that is M2,S2,FP2,FP3 and maybe some others, to the best of my knowledge FP4 doesn't count but I am not sure about that.

That is for AQA.
Reply 5
Original post by member910132
You need 90% in the FM A2 exams, that is M2,S2,FP2,FP3 and maybe some others, to the best of my knowledge FP4 doesn't count but I am not sure about that.

That is for AQA.

Why does FP4 not count? :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by TenOfThem
C3 and C4 are not part of the FM qualification

Thanks. Shows my supreme lack of common sense :s-smilie:
Original post by Meg94

Not 100% on that, but if it is the case then I would assume because it isn't bery difficult, I have seen someone do FP4 with FP1 before FP2/3.
Reply 8
Original post by Meg94

It does; so too does D2.
Reply 9
Not 100% on that, but if it is the case then I would assume because it isn't bery difficult, I have seen someone do FP4 with FP1 before FP2/3.

It is difficult, especially before sitting Core 4. I did it in AS after FP1 and before FP2/3 and it was not easy!
But I believe it does count towards A*.
Reply 10

That's because FP4 doesn't depend on FP2/FP3 knowledge...
Reply 11
Original post by f1mad
It does; so too does D2.

Ooh yay! I did that this year and got 94! :eek:
One down, two to go :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest