The Student Room Group

This Is My Foodie Opinion, I Infer, I Imply! So What Do You Think? CONFIRM OR DENY?

Scroll to see replies

Deny, roast dinners are one of my least favourite meals probably because I'm not keen on roast potatoes or gravy so I'd much rather have meat and veg in a more interesting form.

Confirm or deny: Pre-made refrigerated pots of cake mix/cookie dough from the supermarket make you question the character of our nation. They are overpriced and a ridiculously lazy option!
CONFIRM! Make em from scratch you lazy so and so!

CONFIRM OR DENY:
Scrambled egg is lovely by itself, I don't want any salmon additions thanks.
Reply 1522
CONFIRM; even though salmon and eggs are epic, regular scramble gets a bit overpowered by it versus a poachie!!

CONFIRM OR DENY: WHOEVER THOUGHT UP "FIZZY COLA CHOCOLATE ROCKY BISCUIT BARS" IS A BIT OF A FRUIT LOOP.
CONFIRM. Who the hell has ever had a rocky bar and thought, I wish this was coke flavour.

CONFIRM OR DENY:
Chocolate chip is better than double chocolate usually
Mmmm, I had to think about this one. But..CONFIRM. A lot of double chocolate products just seem like they've made the biscuit or whatever chocolate so haven't bothered with putting hardly any choccie chips in. If having regular cookie means I can have more chocolate chips, that's the way I'll go.

Confirm or deny: Smoked fish is better than unsmoked fish
Ooh, this took much deliberation but I'm afraid DENY. Though smoked fish IS amazing, I'm not sure if I can say its better than unsmoked. Tins of tuna and crab meat are unsmoked and I love em. And if it counts, seafood sticks. I also love a nice fried seabass, hold the smoke.

CONFIRM OR DENY:
Chicken drumsticks are one of my least favourite ways to have chicken
CONFIRM. Unless we're talking breaded cheap chicken drumsticks..which are a guilty childhood pleasure. But yeah, chicken off the bone for me please, I want more meat, less fuss.

confirm or deny: chinese marinades instantly improve meats
Reply 1527
DENY. it was such a generalised statement that I couldn't confirm outright I'm afraid. Cashew Spring Onion Tuna would suck. Ginger Venison would make me sad Bambi died for culinary RAPE.

CONFIRM OR DENY: A FREDDO, MILKY BAR OR FUDGE SEEMS ENOUGH FOR A CHOCCIE FIX... BUT INEXPLICABLY A MUCH LARGER DOUBLE FINGER TIME OUT DOESNT.
CONFIRM. I think it's the PURE chocolate/fudge factor that does it. With the wafer, air in a time out, it fools you into thinking it's more than it it. If you were to condense a time out, it'd probably come to a lot smaller size.

confirm or deny: Every time I go into a shop, even if I don't end up buying any, I'll always browse the chocolate.
Confirm. I also do the same with cereal and biscuits usually, just because, well because really. I enjoy supermarkets and browsing the 'fun' aisle is something I greatly enjoy too :biggrin:

CONFIRM OR DENY:
I rarely actually order dessert but I love reading the dessert menu regardless
Confirm. I usually just go for a coffee after a meal. Which doesn't make sense really, coffee that late at night..HELLO NO SLEEP. But I don't like to leave the taste of dinner in my mouth, I don't quite wanna splurge on dessert so coffee seems my best bet.

confirm or deny: coconut works IN things but I'd never eat plain coconut
CONFIRM. I've tried it, and its not nice. Though desicated coconut is ok, coconut Ice and coconut shavings are much better. In or on is the general coconut rule!

CONFIRM OR DENY:
Chocolate biscuits are better than biscuits with fruit in but I usually prefer fruity cereal bars to chocolate
Reply 1532
DEFIRM. I agree with the first part but I don't really see the point of cereal bars.

C/D if you've ever ordered a lasagne from a fast food delivery
DENY. I'm not sure any round here even offer it...

CONFIRM OR DENY:
Airways chewing gum is more pain than pleasure
Reply 1534
CONFIRM. Airways are the phal of gum world whilst hubba bubba's are the kormas :wink:

C/D if you
thought apple hubba bubbas are surprisingly tasty
Confirm, though they loose their flavour in a nano second, they are pretty tasty while they last.

CONFIRM OR DENY:
The toffee Weetabix cereal bars were a bit of a let down compared to the chocolate ones.
DENY.
I may actually prefer them to the chocolate ones as the chocolate are just chocolate drizzle..and then the oats. Whereas toffee has, the white drizzle, oats AND toffee chunks.

confirm or deny: Breakfast is better than dinner
Reply 1537
DENY. Dinner is so much more diverse and tantallising from roast dinners to fish and rice to curries to spag bols....you can't have a fryup too often!

C/D if you find cheese in a fish fillet burger unwanted
Reply 1538
CONFIRM. UTTERLY UNNECESSARY. We already have tartare, breading etc...why?? Why not add LAVENDER?

CONFIRM OR DENY: HULA HOOPS AND MCCOYS ARE AT THE FOREFRONT OF BEEFY CRISPS
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1539
Original post by TotoMimo
CONFIRM. UTTERLY UNNECESSARY. We already have tartare, breading etc...why?? Why not add LAVENDER?

CONFIRM OR DENY: HULA HOOPS AND MCCOYS ARE AT THE FOREFRONT OF BEEFY CRISPS

DENY. McCoys steak are very impressive but I'm not as fond of beef hula hoops as I used to be - the flavour isn't anything above okay. I would have beef monster munch (if they're still sold) and brannigans up there above McCoys.

C/D IF YOU FIND CHICKEN FLAVOURED CRISPS DISTASTEFUL

Quick Reply

Latest