The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I thought it was 21...
Reply 2
It is 21. It doesn't make a difference to much though. Makes more of a different at Oxbridge because you have different options for colleges. At other unis it is 21, usually. It doesn't effect funding (it's independant status that does that).
Reply 3
21+, I'm pretty sure.
Reply 4
It's 21. I'll be 20 when I go, too.
Reply 5
21 or 26 for financial purposes.
^ That's the one. At 21 I was considered as a 'mature' student, but I won't count as an independent student in terms of student loans until I'm 25/26 (as I've not been living out of home for three years already).
pfft. Doesn't that mean technically you're a mature student when you graduate, as you graduate at 21? :biggrin: (not to mention longer courses and gap year students) :s-smilie:
Reply 8
jonnythemoose
pfft. Doesn't that mean technically you're a mature student when you graduate, as you graduate at 21? :biggrin: (not to mention longer courses and gap year students) :s-smilie:

It refers to when you start the course.
Reply 9
I'm going to turn 20 a couple of months after starting my course. I know i'm not going to be old at all and lots of people take a gap year, but it still feels a little weird.
Reply 10
Laus
It's 21. I'll be 20 when I go, too.

Yep same!
Reply 11
shush I'll be grey haired and 28!

damn you pesky kids.
playford
shush I'll be grey haired and 28!

damn you pesky kids.

Pfft to your greys! My boyfriend has grey hairs in his beard, and he's only 20.. greys mean nothing! :p: