The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A mate of mine works there he earns just under £6 an hour i think, plus im pretty sure you get time and a half for sundays.
If not work at Sainsbury's you get time and a half on sundays and double pay on holidays!
Yeah it pays wells but how old are you cos you might get a lower wage per hour that others if your 18 or 16 and under. But if you are 18 or over you shoud get about 5 pounds and hour and depending on the business tips too. But this is a hard demanding job so watch out!
Reply 3
it's not actually that hard and demanding :confused: ...it's a supermarket. I work at Sainsbury's and I get £5.61 ph and £8.42ph on sundays, but I'm 18. Waitrose is probably about the same? Failing that, always choose John Lewis over any supermarket as they pay £7 ph for 18yr^ ! :cool:
artbum
it's not actually that hard and demanding :confused: ...it's a supermarket. I work at Sainsbury's and I get £5.61 ph and £8.42ph on sundays, but I'm 18. Waitrose is probably about the same? Failing that, always choose John Lewis over any supermarket as they pay £7 ph for 18yr^ ! :cool:

I'm 17 (nearer 18)
If you're 17 then WR will start you off on the basic pay at around £3.80 which is pretty crap. However after 3 months you get a pay review where it usually (if you're any good at the job) goes up to over £4.00.
Then, when turning 18, the pay goes up loads to around £4.75, then after a year it goes up a little more, if you get trained to work on other sections then again the pay will rise each time it is reviewed.

I got to £5.04 from starting at £3.77 when I was 17, plus when I worked there they used to do double time for Sundays and Bank holidays, was easy money, but now of course its time and a half, unlucky! :smile:
Well they've asked me for an interview.
My friend told me that finding a job is hard and it took him a year to find one. I hope I get this job. Do they call all applicants to interview. Sorry if I sound dumb, never done it before.
£4.30 starting salary.
Reply 8
Pretty much, the pay is bad compared to other places, but their excuse for that is that you get the annual bonus in april which is usually around 12% of your annual pay. however, if you're only planning on working there for the summer, you obviously won't get the benefit of this....
I just left my job at Waitrose because I hated it so much
Reply 9
Widowmaker
£4.30 starting salary.

Thats good.

Morrisons in Yorkshire pay new under 18s £3.82 an hour although the wage then gets to £4.43 after 13 weeks, which is pretty decent for my area.
Reply 10
Widowmaker
Anyone worked at waitrose?
What sort of pay is it for a saturday/sunday?

i used to work there ages ago. i think it depends how old you..i used to get time and a half on sundays, but normal pay on saturdays...
I am 17 and at WHSmith I get 4.90.
I've just applied for Waitrose, as it is much closer than where I am currently at WHSmiths, and the supervisor there said that the staff get £11ph on a Sunday. Pretty damn good considering at Smiths its about £5 any time other than bank holidays.
I got the job.
Is it just for summer?
dizizdaflizz
Is it just for summer?

well it was going to be, but i'm gonna carry it on next year so I can save for uni.
Reply 16
I started Waitrose this week for £5.33 an hour. I do 15 hours a week and per month get about £320.
Reply 17
artbum

I can tell you now that they do not - I worked on saturdays at John Lewis for 2 years, and when I was 18 my pay was £5.15 an hour. I left to go to uni, but worked last summer and the christmas holidays, was 19 and earning £5.50 an hour. I don't know where you got £7 from, but even on the big money departments (furniture, audio and tv etc) you won't be earning that much!
Widowmaker
I got the job.

What was the interview like? Easy??
Yeah, not too bad. Just general questions, e.g. what is good customer service?

Latest

Trending

Trending