The Student Room Group

How can you tell if a guy actually likes you or is only after one thing?

A lot of guys will ask a girl out on a date and start seeing them, just so they can sleep with them - even if they don't genuinely like them and don't want a relationship with them. This is fine if the girl feels the same way, but if the girl is actually interested in getting to know the guy and have a relationship with them, it can be upsetting. So if you've just started dating someone, how do you know if they're only after one thing or not? Are there signs to look out for?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If he starts humping your leg, it generally means he wants to have a more physical relationship :sexface:
Reply 2
Thanks. Has anyone got any more serious answers?
Reply 3
Generalize much?
Reply 4
You can't tell. That's why it happens so often. Just got to trust the guy, which can be hard.
Reply 5
Hylean
You can't tell. That's why it happens so often. Just got to trust the guy, which can be hard.

I see what you mean, but surely there must be a few signs to look out for? And how can you prevent this happening to you? Maybe waiting a while before you sleep with them?
If they look like this throughout the date...

...then they're probably just trying to sleep with you.
mipegg
Generalize much?

This!

Not all guys are after sex and sex only! :mad:
You can't tell. You have to find out the hard way. :sadnod:
Reply 9
WhereIsMyMind
This!

I know, but a lot of them are.
truthandtragedy

I hate how right you are. :sad:
truthandtragedy

Ah...there she is again.
Anonymous
I know, but a lot of them are.

If the guys you attract appear to be after one thing, then you're attracting the wrong sorts of lads. :frown:
truthandtragedy

:rofl:

(Btw, that girl in your sig is hawt! :coma:)
Reply 14
Easy, you can always tell the difference: If he's hansome - he wants a shag (because he knows he can), if he's not, or average, then it's more likely that he wants a relationship.

Of course, this isn't an exact science! And there is always risk, that's who men are, we are but simple creatures.
Anonymous
I see what you mean, but surely there must be a few signs to look out for? And how can you prevent this happening to you? Maybe waiting a while before you sleep with them?

I believe you can't. I was rejected by a girl who I believe thought I was only after that. I wasn't.
Reply 16
Anonymous

Pretty much. If they disappear after a while, then they were just after sex.
Reply 17
Anonymous
Thanks. Has anyone got any more serious answers?

If he smiles at you genuinely, when he looks in your eyes.
They tend to be the same thing.
WhereIsMyMind
This!

Don't lie.

Latest

Trending

Trending