would you vote catered or self-catered?
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 41
self-catered :smile:
Reply 42
First choice is Prospect point and I'm no boreeee :biggrin:
If my flat mates don't want to go out I shall tag along with anybody I find to have a good time!

Also studying Civil Engineering, hopefully!
Prospect Point is really the best from what ppl say, for 2nd and 3rd choices try to get other on-campus ones. Well, Anywhere u find ppl who don't find ppl who like and dont like to go out at night. Either way most ppl are still really friendly, it's really just a matter of lifestyle. So eventually there will still be ppl who u would be go out together. in ur flat. :smile:
Original post by gummers
First choice is Prospect point and I'm no boreeee :biggrin:
If my flat mates don't want to go out I shall tag along with anybody I find to have a good time!

Also studying Civil Engineering, hopefully!

I'm doing Civil Engineering also :biggrin:..... only like 4 other girls at the interview day lol.

Original post by Chessieee
Sorry guys I'm rubbish and forget I post thingss!!

I'm going to be studying Politcs! Torn between Liverpool and Lancaster!

Let's hope all us prospect party animals get put together then eh!!

Thanks for all the replies :smile:

Yeah aslong as I have some party animals with me I'm good :biggrin:
Reply 45
Original post by minicuckoo
I'm doing Civil Engineering also :biggrin:..... only like 4 other girls at the interview day lol.

Ahhh don't let that put you off :wink:
We both know the male lecturer will end up fancying you and directing all his attention towards you! haha

Every other university I went to there was a female population of <10% on the course!
Original post by gummers
Ahhh don't let that put you off :wink:
We both know the male lecturer will end up fancying you and directing all his attention towards you! haha

Every other university I went to there was a female population of <10% on the course!

Mhmm hot old male attention.... irresistible :tongue: haha

When i first went to the Liverpool open day I didn't see another girl but then at Nottingham it was about the same.... I was in a talk and a girl walked in and some guy in the bottom row was like 'OMG MORE GIRLS' :surprise: lmao.
Reply 47
Prospect Point will be my first choice should I choose Liverpool. I have an unconditional to do Business and Hispanic Studies... going to an open day next Tuesday, so might make up my mind then :smile: Does anyone know if you can apply for Prospect Point as soon as you confirm an unconditional?
Reply 48
yes, I think they will send you an invite to apply
Reply 49
What do yous think about the places being offered on the UNITE website? They look good, and the prices arent so bad either. Especially The Railyard.
Reply 50
Hi
I am currently on a gap year and am about to confirm Liverpool as my first choice. Looking at accomodation, I'm unsure. I read that in the catered halls there is not enough space to hang out and have a good pre's before going out. Not liking the sound of that. Have been to other Universities and the main part of their night, is before the going out. Could anyone help me out?
I want a sociable atmosphere as well as having an ensuite. Which is the best halls?

Thanks
James
Reply 51
Original post by jkelsall
Hi
I am currently on a gap year and am about to confirm Liverpool as my first choice. Looking at accomodation, I'm unsure. I read that in the catered halls there is not enough space to hang out and have a good pre's before going out. Not liking the sound of that. Have been to other Universities and the main part of their night, is before the going out. Could anyone help me out?
I want a sociable atmosphere as well as having an ensuite. Which is the best halls?

Thanks
James

Heyy James!

I'm in exactly the same boat as you! On a gap year! I'm torn between Lancaster and Liverpool! I would say Prospect Point is gona be the best! There seems to be quite a few of us that one decent en suite accomodation with a good social atmosphere! So if we all confirm it then we will be fine!

Chessie x
Reply 52
Im visiting the uni this day next week. Does anyone know if theres any chance of having a look at one of the rooms in Prospect Point while im there? Probably not I know, but I cant see anything on their website and I cant make it over so soon again for the accommodation day :/
Original post by cjcw20
Im visiting the uni this day next week. Does anyone know if theres any chance of having a look at one of the rooms in Prospect Point while im there? Probably not I know, but I cant see anything on their website and I cant make it over so soon again for the accommodation day :/

I would expect not, but if you know someone in Prospect point you could visit them. Or if you know someone at the uni they may have a friend in prospect point.

Otherwise you could ask someone on this forum if they would mind taking some photos for you.
Reply 54
Hey everyone, I went to the open day last month and was torn between d&r self catered and mulberry court.. I stupidly didn't go to see prospect point because I wasn't sure about the idea of being with people from different uni's. Do you reckon they will try and put university of liverpool students together? I really want self catered en-suite too but I don't want to miss out on anything. They made it sound as if all the social events happen at the off campus halls - anyone know if this is the case?
Original post by alice412
Hey everyone, I went to the open day last month and was torn between d&r self catered and mulberry court.. I stupidly didn't go to see prospect point because I wasn't sure about the idea of being with people from different uni's. Do you reckon they will try and put university of liverpool students together? I really want self catered en-suite too but I don't want to miss out on anything. They made it sound as if all the social events happen at the off campus halls - anyone know if this is the case?

Hi, I think the accommodation department will only group UoL students with UoL students at Prospect Point. That means students from other unis such as LJMU will be grouped in other flats/halls at Prospect Point. I'm not 100% sure abt this, we might need ppl who know more abt this matter to verify. x
Reply 56
Liberty Living (the company that own the halls) will put you with others from the same Uni. Or at least they did when I lived in their other halls.
Reply 57
Original post by clipperboyz
Hi, I think the accommodation department will only group UoL students with UoL students at Prospect Point. That means students from other unis such as LJMU will be grouped in other flats/halls at Prospect Point. I'm not 100% sure abt this, we might need ppl who know more abt this matter to verify. x

Original post by DMed
Liberty Living (the company that own the halls) will put you with others from the same Uni. Or at least they did when I lived in their other halls.

Ah okay thanks, sounds like prospect point is probably the one to go for then! :smile:
Reply 58
Something on the PP website that my be of some use to you. Also note places are limited (due to preference going to NHS workers and LJMU students (as they have no halls of their own))

University of Liverpool 1st Year and Post Graduate Students only
The University of Liverpool has reserved rooms at Prospect Point, Liverpool for 1st year and Post Graduate students studying on a full-time programme for the academic year 2011-12. These rooms must be booked directly through the University of Liverpool accommodation office.

Contact details:

150 Mount Pleasant
Liverpool
L69 3GD

Telephone: 0151 795 0377?
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.liv.ac.uk/accommodation
Reply 59

hey, can anyone help me please... wanting to go to liverpool and i'm soon to put it as my first choice - heard the accom. is quite bad - anyone have knowledge of the best places to stay? do they do en-suite self catered?

Quick Reply

Latest