The Student Room Group

The Cider Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Mmm, my vanilla perry's shaping up rather nicely. :yy: Gonna do some boozing tomorrow night...

How's other people's cider progressing?
Reply 261
Ok I'm feeling a little light-headed just from siphoning the cider, this stuff is definitely going to do the job. :yy: I'll be making the perry again, tastes great.
Reply 262
Hows the pear and vanilla?
Reply 263
Original post by GQ.
Hows the pear and vanilla?

It is ****ING AWESOME - as in I am barely able to type right now, but am still feeling the desperate need to communicate how utterly fantastic it is. Seriously, this stuff is almost beyond comprehensibly awesome, you really need to try it in order to comprehend it... *passes out*
Reply 264
Original post by superwolf
It is ****ING AWESOME - as in I am barely able to type right now, but am still feeling the desperate need to communicate how utterly fantastic it is. Seriously, this stuff is almost beyond comprehensibly awesome, you really need to try it in order to comprehend it... *passes out*

Brew it again, bring it with you when we all meet and I promise I'll try it.

I don't (can't) promise I'll like it, but I'll do my best.
Reply 265
Original post by laut_biru
Brew it again, bring it with you when we all meet and I promise I'll try it.

I don't (can't) promise I'll like it, but I'll do my best.

We're all meeting?
Reply 266
Original post by GQ.
We're all meeting?

Ah, I was referring to a meet for another society, sorry.

I rather feel like I'd have no place at a cider appreciation meet, so if you guys do arrange one I'd just wish you a good time.

..yes I realise that could also apply to my posting here.
I haven't had cider in over a week... how can Turkey not have cider :indiff:

I shall rectify this atrocity later tonight! :yep:
Cider is so ridiculously easy to drink. A pint of bulmers with tons of ice in a glass... it's just instantly summer.

I'm not really a fan of apple cider though. I'll drink it but... meh. I like the pear ones, particularly Kopparberg... although my favourite is a Raspberry limited edition one that Kopparberg JUST brought out. try it if you haven't already, it's delicious and RIDICULOUSLY drinkable, and unlike their strawberry and lime one, doesn't have that slightly sickly overly sweet taste (although admittedly I still like the strawberry)
Reply 269
Anyone dislike having cider with ice in the glass? Pubs need to get colder fridges for their bottled cider.
Original post by dbmag9
Anyone dislike having cider with ice in the glass? Pubs need to get colder fridges for their bottled cider.

Depends on the cider.. Any draught cider then I won't have ice, but things like Bulmers, or Magners then I think ice is a must and makes it :sogood:
Reply 271
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Depends on the cider.. Any draught cider then I won't have ice, but things like Bulmers, or Magners then I think ice is a must and makes it :sogood:

Nah, even if it's just an imagined effect I feel like cider with ice tastes blander (and weaker) immediately.
Reply 272
I like this thread. I shall definitely be attempting to make some of my own from the instructions in the OP!
Just bought some berry and lime bulmers, 2 for £3 at asda :woo: Will report back on the taste.

This doesn't interest me as it's a bit sweet but Kopparberg pear was on discontinuation sale also at asda. Why would they discontinue what seems to be one of the most popular ciders? :eek:
Original post by Sabertooth
Just bought some berry and lime bulmers, 2 for £3 at asda :woo: Will report back on the taste.

This doesn't interest me as it's a bit sweet but Kopparberg pear was on discontinuation sale also at asda. Why would they discontinue what seems to be one of the most popular ciders? :eek:

Could be a rebranding, e.g. instead of Koppaberg Pear, Koppaberg Orginal? Or similar. Might have to go Asdas later though...
Reply 275
I hate cider, vomited up a stupid amount of pints of it and have never been able to drink it since without it smelling and tasting of vomit :colondollar:
Original post by rmhumphries
Could be a rebranding, e.g. instead of Koppaberg Pear, Koppaberg Orginal? Or similar. Might have to go Asdas later though...

Hmmm possibly. It wasn't even that much off, only 50p.

Original post by ---
I hate cider, vomited up a stupid amount of pints of it and have never been able to drink it since without it smelling and tasting of vomit :colondollar:

Haha, niiiiice! :thumbsup:
Original post by ---

I suspect a similar thing will happen to me with scrumpy jack.
Though other cider ought to be fine, it's just SJ that was making me feel off, so then I swapped for beer and then whisky and then I just chundered everywhere.
Reply 278
Original post by Sabertooth

I'm planning on doing some boozing tonight, if you'd care to join me. Although first I have to beat your ass in the cake-making competition. :cool:
Reply 279
Now enjoying a well earned glass of perry. Anyone care to join me?

Quick Reply

Latest