The Student Room Group

Dentistry Interviews 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by kubs
whens your interview? i have one at liver too

On 14th Nov!! Scared as hell!!
Just doing some interview prep and found this worth a read if your not up to speed on reforms Http://is.gd/dIPChR
Reply 62
any tips for an interview at liverpool?! thankyou!
Reply 63
how did people find the bham interview?
Reply 64
Original post by amar24
On 14th Nov!! Scared as hell!!

I know i'm freaking out too !! :O really don't know what to expect :s-smilie:
Reply 65
Original post by kubs
have you got an interview as well? and whats happening about these reforms?
x

please help - any good websites/ can you explain in simple language what this reform means? i know about the 2006 one but not the one happening in 2012, please PM ASAP
Reply 66
Original post by xpolly123x
please help - any good websites/ can you explain in simple language what this reform means? i know about the 2006 one but not the one happening in 2012, please PM ASAP

Are there any other new reforms apart from the Dec 10 one?? Do you think that the 2010 reform would be good to talk about at interview even though it was published last year?
Reply 67
Original post by undertaker3
The link posted by Patchey tells you about the new one.

Hey have you also got an interview from liverpool?? x
Has anyone got advice on what to look at for a Birmingham interview? Was it more technical as in asking about the nhs and dental procedures or more an informal getting to know you / asking about ps interview? Thanks guys! Good luck for interviews everyone :smile:
Reply 69
Original post by thekiwifruit01
Has anyone got advice on what to look at for a Birmingham interview? Was it more technical as in asking about the nhs and dental procedures or more an informal getting to know you / asking about ps interview? Thanks guys! Good luck for interviews everyone :smile:

Hey the bham interview is really personal statement based and kinda friendly. They dont ask anything on the nhs, just some dental related questions etc, nothing that you wont be prepared for. Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by vikeshshah
Hey the bham interview is really personal statement based and kinda friendly. They dont ask anything on the nhs, just some dental related questions etc, nothing that you wont be prepared for. Hope that helps :smile:

Thank you! So I'm guessing you already had yours, how was it? :smile: Will they ask about specific procedures or what you saw on work experience? Sorry for asking so many Qs, my interview's soon and I'm really nervous!
Reply 71
Original post by kubs
Are there any other new reforms apart from the Dec 10 one?? Do you think that the 2010 reform would be good to talk about at interview even though it was published last year?

I would avoid talking about subjects you are not clear on as they will expect you to elaborate and then u will be stuck and could easily blow your interview.
They will not ask such a question as "what is the reform of GDP finances...". They are more likely tO ask about any changes in dentistry and you are better off talking about dental practice i.e. improvents in dental implants, than finance reforms. U r interviewing for dentistry not health policy.
If asked "why this dental school?" what should you talk about? Teaching style obviously but should you mention things like location and how friendly staff seem? Or should you stick only to academic stuff?
Reply 73
Original post by thekiwifruit01
Thank you! So I'm guessing you already had yours, how was it? :smile: Will they ask about specific procedures or what you saw on work experience? Sorry for asking so many Qs, my interview's soon and I'm really nervous!

I had mine last year, im reapplying. They ask really general questions like how was work experience instead of like each individual procedure. i'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by undertaker3
- teaching style
- things to do in the city e.g. if you're a liverpool football fan they have an internationally known football team etc or if you're into your music gigs, then that could be a reason for choosing London
- early/late clinical patient contact (depending on which one you prefer)
- if the dental school is in a deprived area such as barts and liverpool, then there will be some interesting dental diseases to observe

don't stick only to the academic side, include the points you mentioned

Thanks
Reply 75
Original post by undertaker1
yeh soz i need to start using question marks too.
in that case you should be ok this year as you may only have to retake your module 2 exams rather than both module 1 and 2. and if you retake chem 2 in jan it will make the organic for chem 4 slighlty easier in my opinion.

i did ocr for bio and aqa for chem.
best of luck:smile:

Dont worry about it. Yeh I agree, and since aqa a2 papers are synoptic, revision for the module 2 stuff will help for a2 exams in january. Do u need to resit both 1 and 2? Alot of my freinds are, dont no anything about ocr bio but I really do find aqa chem hard :frown: A2 is quite tricky too, how r u finding it?
Original post by neeloo
Dont worry about it. Yeh I agree, and since aqa a2 papers are synoptic, revision for the module 2 stuff will help for a2 exams in january. Do u need to resit both 1 and 2? Alot of my freinds are, dont no anything about ocr bio but I really do find aqa chem hard :frown: A2 is quite tricky too, how r u finding it?

i'm on my third year of a-levels so i have done chem 4 already, A2 is alot harder understanding whise than AS but that just means you have to spend longer revising.
the most important thing i have noticed is that past papers are the route to chemistry success because i did like 7 years worth of past papers for both chem 2 and 4 on my resits and i got my grades D up to like 90%+. :smile: lol.

if you can get high marks on chem 2 than its really good as its worth 140 ums marks and do good in chem 4 then you can say goodbye to organic chem lol.

best of luck
Reply 77
anyone heard back from bham? (after interview)
(edited 12 years ago)
Interview at Manchester on the 21st :biggrin:
Reply 79
Hey, at liverpool.. what year do you actually start on clinics??
x

Quick Reply

Latest