The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

After getting over the day's stress I'm not too fussed about the SGUL delay. It would obviously be good to know but at least I know when I can expect to find out so I can try to put it to the back of my mind until the first week in March (which is close to uni exam results time so I could end up having a truly terrible week or 2)
Reply 9801
Hey guys, so I`ve been through some process of getting to know what I really want, but it seems to get a little bit clearer. :wink:

Background: German Rettungsassistent (something like a Paramedic), two years job training, for now 1 1/2 years of work experience after training.
I`ve applied for Para Science this year, but lately, I`m considering to do something different.
I`ve always been interested in Literature and English and I`ll possibly start a degree in those topics through distance learning at the Open University. Just feel like I have to give this a go, otherwise I`ll propably regret it in the future.

Thing is, medicine has also been one of the things I always considered. I`ve just recently heard of the Graduate Entry possibity and I`ve found this to be quite interesting.
So, if finally, I`d found myself wanting to do medicine after all, would I have a realistic chance to be taken?
At that point, I would have about 7-8 years of work experience in Emergency Medical Service, a BA in English and English Literature and some really good grades at my Abitur (A-Levels).
I`ll also try to get accredited Para through the internatioal applicants route with the HPC.

So experience-wise, would I have changes to get accepted? Just checking out of curiosity.
anyone else kicking themselves for not realising they sounded a right idiot in the interview or didnt say enough???
Reply 9803
Original post by Nasher and Basher
The person who posted that on NMM, took that from the fb group, the same place where I saw the message originally. The applicant then said that after contacting SGUL, they said it was a UCAS error.

Thanks for clarifying.

Original post by lcsurfer
anyone else kicking themselves for not realising they sounded a right idiot in the interview or didnt say enough???

I just can't evaluate whether mine went well. Suppose I'll find out the hard way!
So... I think I'm right in thinking all the Warwick interviews are done now - when are the Barts interviews?
barts are next week... then hopefully know by early/mid march on offers :biggrin:

It's impossible to have the perfect interview, there is no way that you could construct the same answers in the moment as you are able to in retrospect. I'm sure that you were fine :smile:.
Reply 9807
Original post by Dickie Snapples
Offer from Imperial!!!
BSc Biological Sciences (Warwick)
MSc Integrative Bioscience (Oxford)
PhD Pharmacy (Nottingham)

UKCAT: 747.5

Work Experience:
One week shadowing a neurosurgeon
Six months NHS ward volunteer
Two weeks in a paediatric hospital in India
St John’s Ambulance qualification
Applied to:
Imperial: Offer Accepted
Oxford: Rejection (without interview)
Cambridge: Rejection (without interview)
King’s: Offer (5 year) Declined

Blimey. Well if that didn't get you even an interview at Oxford or Cambridge I don't feel so bad myself. What kind of superhuman do you have to be for them to consider you. I'm shocked.
Massive congrats on your offers!!!!
Does anyone know if there is an actual interview part to the Barts selection centre day or is it just tasks? Thanks!
Original post by pinkpineapple
Does anyone know if there is an actual interview part to the Barts selection centre day or is it just tasks? Thanks!

Barts tells everyone who takes the selection centre not to share any information about it. That said, it would be unwise to go to any kind of medical school selection and not be prepared for an interview scenario.
Original post by pinkpineapple

I am pretty sure they will have some form of an interview, just get some prep done! :smile:
Thanks, have been prepping lots, just had a panicky moment when I reread the email!
Has anyone here received a conditional interview from Imperial i.e. has yet to graduate?
Original post by Type1_Neuro
Has anyone here received a conditional interview from Imperial i.e. has yet to graduate?

what do you mean by a conditional interview? AFAIK all the a101 interviews at imperial are done.
And another week of waiting begins........
Reply 9815
Original post by select the right name
And another week of waiting begins........

Tell me about it!
I hope warwick start with offers etc next week, but i bet its the week after. I need to get my life organised!
I hope warwick start with offers etc next week, but i bet its the week after. I need to get my life organised!

This!

Though the financial aspects to going back to uni are really playing on my mind at the moment... Not entirely sure how going from a comfortably paid job to student life is going to work :/
Reply 9818
Original post by adsyrah
This!

Though the financial aspects to going back to uni are really playing on my mind at the moment... Not entirely sure how going from a comfortably paid job to student life is going to work :/

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Also, the thought of taking on another £40,000 of debt is somewhat offputting.
Original post by FrenziedPenguin
what do you mean by a conditional interview? AFAIK all the a101 interviews at imperial are done.

I meant to say conditional OFFERS, my mistake. Are you an undergraduate still?