The Student Room Group

Having use Toilet every 2 hours?

Hi all,

I just thought i ask regarding this issue i been having for a year now. I have to on average on use the toilet every couple of hours to urinate.

I have recently got my checked and don't have anything like chlamydia etc

Just thought i ask if anyone else has had any similar issues and know what could be the issue? It seems like it is more a mental issue, as when i do use the toilet I don't really urinate a lot. So just thinking if its a infection or if there is something that can be picked up from boots?

Cheers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Go see your GP?
Reply 2
Do you also feel thirsty quite a lot and get a burning sensation in the soles of your feet? If so, you may have Diabetes, my dad has it and this was one of the symptoms of his blood sugar levels being too low or high.
Reply 3
Best advice is to go and see your GP, it could be a variety of things.

This happened to me a year ago and I thought nothing of it, turns out I was diabetic and had had the symptoms for about a year before I realised.
Reply 4
hmmm...
when the urge to go to the toilet comes, sit there and don't move and tell yourself you'll go after 20 mins then go to the toilet. do this for a week
then the next week wait for 30 mins after the urge comes and then go to toilet
do this for a week
slowly build it up so that you can last 4/5 without going to the toilet.
tbh i think its more of a you think you need the toilet when you don't issue.
so yeah try the above and it should be alright.
if not see the gp
Reply 5
You might have a weak bladder. Go see your gp though for a much better diagnosis.
Reply 6
Could be a whole range of things. Go to your GP and tell them about it, it could be something easily fixed, or something more serious. Either way, it's best to see your doctor.
Ask to be checked for Diabetes, (may well be type 2) as this is a big symptom for Diabetes. Also a weak bladder as said before, you can try and hold on as long as possible. Another reason could be that the ring of muscles under your bladder are not working well-in this case you should try and get some physio to get some exercises in.

Best thing to do is go to your GP
Reply 8
I got myself checked out for diabetes like a year ago and was given the clear for that, so doctor was not sure but it seems to get worse now. He said at the time it was just stress but i dont think it is.

I just cant work out what it could be? I saw an advert on TV promoting something to help when your urinating but cant remember the name now it was available in boots, so may pop over and have a word.
I would go see the doctor, they might refer you to urology or urogynaecology to see if there's something up - you might go through urodynamics testing or something. I had the opposite issue, I was barely going at all (!) and had to see a urologist for various tests to see what was up - they said your bladder can play up due to muscles, stress, nerve problems, being used to going less/more often than usual..
Original post by Anonymous
Also a weak bladder as said before, you can try and hold on as long as possible.

Which isn't always possible.
Reply 11
If there is pain when you urinate it could be an infection. They are likely to test the urine by doing a dip or sending it to the lab. A script for oxybutynin may help.
Are you drinking more than usual?
Are you drinking lots of caffiene?
Reply 13
I'm having a similar issue, I keep needing to pee in the middle of the night several times. Sometimes I will go and then need to go again 5 minutes later :s-smilie: sometimes my body will say I need to go and then only a few drops come out :colonhash: I wake up quite a lot in the night lately.
Reply 14
See a GP.
Anon for reasons

I know the feeling OP! I tend to go about every 45 minutes to an hour. If I drink tea I go about every 20 minutes!
I've had a blood and a urine test and everything came back fine. My doctor has sent off another urine sample with some blood for some other type of test to check for a rare form of diabeties but I can't remember the name! I think I must just have a weak bladder and hope there is some sort of medication I can be put on. I've tried pelvic muscle exercises which did not work for me and also bladder training which again did not seem to work. I've back at the doctors in a week or so to get the results and hopefully it will get sorted. :biggrin:
The best step would be to speak to your GP. Just to be certain that there is no serious underlying cause.

In the mean time, drink plenty of water and parsley tea.
Reply 17
I have problems controlling my urination when I have operations on my kidneys and I recently tried Oxybutynin during my last time in hospital and it worked very well for me. Went from peeing every half an hour to however often I needed to go. It gave me a terribly dry mouth, which is a well known side effect.

Best go to your GP for a chat, but I hope this gives you a bit of relief (no pun intended!) that there may be something out there to help you. :smile:
I wasn't told I was diabetic til very late on (ended up in hospital in a high - dependency unit). The doctor informed us of the symptoms, and looking back, the signs were there, Constant urination (mainly at night) was a big big signifier.
Original post by fazsnatch
Hi all,

I just thought i ask regarding this issue i been having for a year now. I have to on average on use the toilet every couple of hours to urinate.

I have recently got my checked and don't have anything like chlamydia etc

Just thought i ask if anyone else has had any similar issues and know what could be the issue? It seems like it is more a mental issue, as when i do use the toilet I don't really urinate a lot. So just thinking if its a infection or if there is something that can be picked up from boots?

Cheers

I never had this problem before. But I suggest you get it checked out at your local pharmacy or your doctor.

Quick Reply

Latest