The Student Room Group

Dentistry -rejected

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Besakt
Wave = Society reject.

Shut up and go away.

And you gained detailed information on my social life by what method?
Reply 21
From your posts?
Reply 22
Original post by Wave
And you gained detailed information on my social life by what method?

The fact that you constantly troll TSR because you have nothing better to do.
Original post by Wave
Biomedical science = Medicine/dentistry reject

Biology = Biomedical science reject.

You are stunningly hillarious pal! Any other pearls of wisdom? I do love seeing a true idiot get the recognition they deserve...
Original post by Moose Biscuit
You are stunningly hillarious pal! Any other pearls of wisdom? I do love seeing a true idiot get the recognition they deserve...

hm, kind of gotta agree with you there...
Reply 25
Original post by Wave
Biomedical science = Medicine/dentistry reject

Biology = Biomedical science reject.

Does that mean Animal and Plant Science = Biology reject?
Original post by Circular
Does that mean Animal and Plant Science = Biology reject?

Hmmm.... and maybe...
Food Science = Animal & Plant Science reject?
Reply 27
I'm losing count of how many types of reject I possibly am :wink: so I'm going back to the origional post :biggrin:

You have a few options...

gap year and apply again, getting amazing grades and lots of work experience and interesting things to add to your cv

You could accept a biomed place and defer entry, apply for next years dentisty and if no luck take up the deferred place.

Accept the biomed place and think again about dentistry later.

I wouldn't have got the grades for dentistry entry back at a-level (I got BBC and an A in general studies :wink: ), maybe if I had even thought of it then I'd have worked harder, maybe not. Either way I got the grades I needed to study the subject I wanted in the place I wanted. Biology in Edinburgh, for no other reason than I found it interesting and I liked the look of the city! I loved it and had plans to go into research.

It didn't work out that way, I got a 2.1 which is great, we lived all over (abroad too), I worked freelance as a writer and photographer, had a few kids and finally settled back here. I set up a business dog grooming (the only job where you get bit more than dentistry) and meandered along for a while before having a midlife crisis :biggrin: . Now a grand total of 8 years after graduation I'm going back on a graduate entry course. So it definately can be done. You approach the course with a bit more maturity and life experience behind you which I think they value and more confidence in what you want to do and your own abilities. Either way it will all work out in the end!
although that guy was being a bit of a idiot in what he was saying der is a ray of truth in what he was saying because 90% of people in my biomed course are people who didnt do well on their alevels and are doing biomed to just get into medicine / dentistry - though i have found that alot of the younger ones like 18-20 are doing it to get into med/dentistry and the older more mature ones (hope dis dont offend no1 jus speakin da truth)are doing it for lab jobs/nhs jobs etc

just what i observed
Reply 29
so there is a route from biomed to dentristry? DO you still have to do UKCat and get interviews from unis?
Original post by Abbers
so there is a route from biomed to dentristry? DO you still have to do UKCat and get interviews from unis?

As far as I know it's not a 'route' into dentistry- just a degree that stands you in good stead for graduate entry. You still apply through UCAS in the same way, all the usual things like UKCAT still apply.
Reply 31
Thank you very much
Reply 32
Original post by radardetector
Where did you apply? I have got worse AS results than you and got an interview from cardiff and rejections from dundee and newcastle still waiting on sheffield.

Hey dude congrats, how did the cardiff interview go? What do you think they liked that they offered you an interview?

Thanks and good luck with sheffield :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by superdentist
hey I recently got my last rejection and therefore hold no offers for dentistry but 2 for biomedical sciences.
The reason I think for being rejected is my AS grades (ABBC) which I have re-took and are currently pending.
I still am adamant to read dentistry and want to know any future course of route I could take.

I know you can apply as a postgrad from biomedical but any more detail on this from anyone with advice or experience is appreciated.
Furthermore, If I got my grades and they were exceptional could I apply through clearing?
Or even just re-apply next year?

Thanks!

That won't have been the reason as most place a higher emphasis on A2 predictions and don't really look at AS grades if you've been predicted AAA.
Reply 34
Original post by james53432
There is a new university in Valencia Spain (different from Cardenal Herrera) teaching dentistry, medicine and other subjects, in english. Everything is state of the art. The university is part of the university of Madrid, but it is based in the centre of Valencia. It has all the advantages of Spain over Eastern Europe, with the added bonus of cheaper fees than Cardenal Herrera.
i'm thinking of going there this year

What is the name of this university?
How much are the fees?
Is the course accredited by the GDC?

Do you have a link for this university?

When trying to Google, the Cardenal Herrera keeps coming up.

You've posted the same post 4 times across TSR, advertising alert. :colone:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by sony-pony
What is the name of this university?
How much are the fees?
Is the course accredited by the GDC?

Do you have a link for this university?

When trying to Google, the Cardenal Herrera keeps coming up.

You've posted the same post 4 times across TSR, advertising alert. :colone:

hey, was just reading this post. i have applied to this other university myself. the university is called UEM. At first i was also considering cardenal herrera, but after researching UEM, i found it was cheaper and better located than cardenal herrera. course structure looks exactly the same at both universities aswell. I tried to by-pass going through an agent, but was redirected to: www.gdc-spain.com
this is the agency's website.
Original post by superdentist
hey I recently got my last rejection and therefore hold no offers for dentistry but 2 for biomedical sciences.
The reason I think for being rejected is my AS grades (ABBC) which I have re-took and are currently pending.
I still am adamant to read dentistry and want to know any future course of route I could take.

I know you can apply as a postgrad from biomedical but any more detail on this from anyone with advice or experience is appreciated.
Furthermore, If I got my grades and they were exceptional could I apply through clearing?
Or even just re-apply next year?

Thanks!

You can apply as a postgrad from any biologically-related subject. Places in clearing for dentistry don't exist, as far as I'm aware. As for switching to dentistry after a year of biomed, it's extremely rare and not something you should place any hope on.

My advice is to wait and see what your re-sit grades turn out like. If they're good, take a gap year and re-apply for dentistry. If not you'll need to look at doing an undergrad degree and applying to dentistry as a postgrad.

Whatever you do, if you really want to do dentistry don't give up!

Quick Reply

Latest