The Student Room Group

What is your most memorable dream?

I'm not sure if there has been a thread like this recently, I searched and I couldn't find anything so I thought I'd make a thread on it.

What is/are your most memorable dream/dreams?

I have a few, but the one that I can remember the easiest is from when I was around 7-8 years old. The dream starts with a little girl at a train station with her parents. The girls mother isn't holding her hand so she walks a little astray and ends up on the train track. As soon as the girl falls onto the tracks the girls mother realises she is on the tracks and she starts to scream and panic, but she is too late and an incoming train quickly rushes into the station, cutting the girl in half. The only other detail I can remember is that the top half of the girl (perhaps 4-5 years old) flies through the air and into a huge crater littered with train tracks and train debris, like some kind of meteor has crashed into the train line. The crater is just next to the train station yet everyone else is unaware of it, except for me.

This dream was one of the worst nightmares I can remember from when I was very young.

Apologies for any grammar/spelling mistakes.

Scroll to see replies

My father's head was a balloon and he burst it on a nail sticking out of the wall.
Reply 2
Original post by BartholomewVarath
I'm not sure if there has been a thread like this recently, I searched and I couldn't find anything so I thought I'd make a thread on it.

What is/are your most memorable dream/dreams?

I have a few, but the one that I can remember the easiest is from when I was around 7-8 years old. The dream starts with a little girl at a train station with her parents. The girls mother isn't holding her hand so she walks a little astray and ends up on the train track. As soon as the girl falls onto the tracks the girls mother realises she is on the tracks and she starts to scream and panic, but she is too late and an incoming train quickly rushes into the station, cutting the girl in half. The only other detail I can remember is that the top half of the girl (perhaps 4-5 years old) flies through the air and into a huge crater littered with train tracks and train debris, like some kind of meteor has crashed into the train line. The crater is just next to the train station yet everyone else is unaware of it, except for me.

This dream was one of the worst nightmares I can remember from when I was very young.

Apologies for any grammar/spelling mistakes.

Wow that's pretty horrific :redface:

I used to have a recurring nightmare when I was a kid that I was playing hide and seek with my brother when my Mum was at this place to have her hair cut, and there were black curtains hung up over these cubicles, I guess where people were getting their hair cut. And my brother ran behind this one black curtain and then my Mum and her hairdresser ran over and looked behind the curtain and started crying. Somehow (I'm not sure how I knew this in the dream) I knew he'd been electrocuted and died. I used to wake up in tears every time.
Reply 3
I don't particularly have a most memorable dream. Off the top of my head though, there's one from a few weeks ago which was pretty terrifying. I don't remember how it started, but I ended up being shot and killed by someone inside a shop (I'd been watching a ridiculous amount of 24 at the time so that might be where this all came from :redface:). Afterwards, the dream sort of shifted, and I was in my uni halls, but I must have been a ghost or something like that, since nobody around recognised me. It was such a vivid dream though (I tend to find that my dreams are much more vivid when I've been drinking, and I'd been out the night before), and for a while I genuinely thought I was dead.

Also:

Original post by TheSownRose
My father's head was a balloon and he burst it on a nail sticking out of the wall.

I laughed much more than was necessary at that :tongue:
Original post by jardantuan
I laughed much more than was necessary at that :tongue:

I do now too. :wink: I did at the age of five, though... :frown:

My friend is into dream interpretation and thinks I had a prophetic dream, because my father would later develop a medical condition characterised by exceptionally painful headaches that feel like having sharp things driven behind your eye. :dontknow:
Out of curiosity, OP, do you have any fear of trains now?
Reply 6
The time I had a lucid dream so was able to do anything I wanted and it all felt so real! It was amazing! Got to test out loads of things, and met (and kissed) eminem.

It's true as well that when you look in a mirror during a dream you see something other than your reflection. I tested it during that dream and saw the fat guy from 'The Hangover". And if you look at your hands, they never look right. Things like that can help you enter a lucid dream state.
Scoring the winning goal for England in the World Cup final/having a gang bang with lots of hot girls lol
Reply 8
I used to have a nightmare, I don't think I can call it recurring as I only had it 2 or 3 times, of being stranded in a deserted town at night. All the houses were delapidated and I was walking from one to the next and I'd see ghosts/apparitions appearing everywhere. Was one of the scariest dreams I've had; I would wake up in a cold sweat.
Reply 9
Original post by ummm
The time I had a lucid dream so was able to do anything I wanted and it all felt so real! It was amazing! Got to test out loads of things, and met (and kissed) eminem.

Awesome. How did eminem look in your dream then? If your reflection and hands weren't right, I can imagine that he might have been a 'bit off' too?
I joined my favourite band (Queens of the Stone Age), then they demanded I only ever play a C chord on backing guitar, then they tried to give me tickets to my own show for myself for some reason. Was pretty awesome though.
Reply 11
When I was around 8 or 9 I had a dream that my neighbours garden was a jungle and an evil gorilla lived there... it was the first time I had watched a wildlife documentary and the appearance of the gorillas really scared me!
I use to have reoccurring dreams when I was younger of walking through a desolate city in some sort of post apocalyptic nightmare. Looking back... it seemed like the road. I use to wake up screaming because it felt like my hand was on fire or something. Yeah... I was pretty troubled :redface:
I have a recurring dream where I go somewhere that I recognise and I know how to get to/home in reality (like a shopping centre or something) but in the dream I don't know how to get home, and I'm almost always pregnant (in the dream) as well!
Original post by ummm

It's true as well that when you look in a mirror during a dream you see something other than your reflection. I tested it during that dream and saw the fat guy from 'The Hangover". And if you look at your hands, they never look right. Things like that can help you enter a lucid dream state.

I'm interested in lucid dreams and I've managed to achieve a few over the couple of years of trying. I think the reason that you don't look the same in mirrors and things like that are because you expect to see that. Lucid dreaming is about having control over a dream - so surely if you are properly lucid, you could control what you see in the mirror?
Reply 15
Original post by jardantuan
I'm interested in lucid dreams and I've managed to achieve a few over the couple of years of trying. I think the reason that you don't look the same in mirrors and things like that are because you expect to see that. Lucid dreaming is about having control over a dream - so surely if you are properly lucid, you could control what you see in the mirror?

Yeah, it's weird. Or maybe I saw someone else because I expected to see someone other than me after reading about it. I remember thinking in the dream 'I wonder what it'll be, because it won't be me'. So maybe I was controlling what I saw in the mirror.
Reply 16
Original post by LeeC
Awesome. How did eminem look in your dream then? If your reflection and hands weren't right, I can imagine that he might have been a 'bit off' too?

Nah, he looked normal. Everything was pretty normal, and I remember the moment when it became lucid, and everything seemed to just become 'real', and really sharp and clear. I think that maybe the fact that I expected to see my hands different (because I had been reading around lucid dreaming a lot, and had read about it) made me see them different. I don't know! They were just 'hazy', and like fingers were missing (not in a gory way).
Reply 17
Looking into a mirror and seeing that I had the face of Thomas the Tank Engine. :biggrin:
Reply 18
My most memorable dream was from when I was 3 or 4 years old.

It was a church in South London, I walked in there, and saw 3 wedding cakes with coloured ribbons around them, and they started flying in the air, and I think I flew in the air too.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply