The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Will i need my winter jacket in summer term after Easter break

I'm going home soon, and I don't live in UK. Will I need my winter jacket after break? Now I'm still using it if it gets chilly, especially in the evenings. If I leave it at home, there will be one thing less to drag home after summer term. It's my first year so I don't know how the weather here is like in May-June. Any help appreciated:smile:
To be honest, it is hard to predict. Often, summer term at Lancaster is lovely. Lots of sitting out on the grass, having BBQs and not worrying about the weather. But, things aren't always cut and dry lol.

I would say that you could get rid of your proper winter jacket though. So long as you have a coat of some sorts and an umbrella, you'll be fine. :smile:

[That is coming from someone who wears their 'winter' coat for about 2 days a year though. :redface:]
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Do you have a lighter jacket that's more appropriate for the summer?
Reply 3
I have a lighter jacket, but it's very light, just single layer & very thin. Eh, I hate getting cold so I will probably leave the jacket in Lancaster.
Original post by krewetka
I have a lighter jacket, but it's very light, just single layer & very thin. Eh, I hate getting cold so I will probably leave the jacket in Lancaster.

Do have clothes you can layer? A t-shirt, jumper and that light jacket would probably be enough on the colder days this coming term. :smile:
Reply 5
Don't forget that it's a leap year which messes with the weather a bit. You don't want to get caught with your trousers down when the June blizzard hits.
Reply 6
Original post by affinity89
Do have clothes you can layer? A t-shirt, jumper and that light jacket would probably be enough on the colder days this coming term. :smile:

This.

You don't need a winter coat if you have any balls.
This thread is a forum low.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending