The Student Room Group

What is the best job you've ever had?

I've only ever had two jobs in my life but my current one has it's fair share of pros. Free curry and nice people!!... but then again pretty bog-standard pay and I have to wear a bow-tie. Only on the Doctor can make bow-ties cool or even at all permissable.

What's the best job you've ever had in terms of perhaps nice workmates, freebies you get, good pay?

Would be interesting to find out seeing as I will be needing to try and find a full-time one come my summer/gap year, woo! :eek:
Reply 1
I'm a youth worker. I get paid £12.80 an hour- though it's at the expense of no benefits or job security. I've worked in a lot of different places and a lot of the other staff are also fairly young, students, easy going, friendly and of a similar political disposition so often everyone ends up friends. The best thing is working summer programs when you have a nice group of kids. If you get ones who are little gits then it's no fun at all. But when you can trust them all to behave then you pretty much just get to join in. i worked one a few years ago where I felt like I was getting paid to hang out, break dance, go on trips (go karts!) and play basketball.
Reply 2
I worked at kk doughnuts in my short time down south which was AMAZING! :biggrin:
Free doughnuts and coffee on shift, a free box of 12 every week, discount, plus everyone you know begging you to try and get a job there. It was a really fun environment where everyone had a bit of banter while topping thousands of doughnuts by hand! :biggrin:

I also worked in a nursing home for a work placement, which was a different experience, really rewarding, crap pay, but people who genuinely needed help and were really thankful for the support they got. I love talking to elderly people about their life experiences and stuff, and even found the personal care aspects easy to do, it's just the pay for the work which is a put off, and the main reason I could never ever do it as a long term career, even seniors don't get paid that much for all the hard work they do. :|
Overall was fun though, especially when it was one of their birthdays or some kind of celebration....amazing!
I really loved my job working in the mailroom of a law firm in Paris during my year abroad - all the glamour and fancy decor of a city office but with none of the stress! Plus lots of free food and drink from the reception team :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending