The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical School Applicants 2012 :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1360
Original post by 301lw
hopefully the former but i really don't know, i completely forgot to ask! i realised after i hung up and didn't want to ring them back :P

i hope we don't have to wait until after the uni's easter holiday because it's 3 weeks long D:

Original post by 301lw
hopefully the former but i really don't know, i completely forgot to ask! i realised after i hung up and didn't want to ring them back :P

i hope we don't have to wait until after the uni's easter holiday because it's 3 weeks long D:

No I'm sure there will be people around after Easter, I'm just wondering how much of the forms they have processed so far because they've done 5 days of intervies so it's a lot of candidats, but who knows :frown:
Original post by Metastasis
They're insane :frown: I have two offers already but am waiting on Leicester as it's my first choice... Does anyone think this is a bad idea? It's either Newcastle or Leicester for me and I heard that Newcastle's accommodation is really hard to get so I'm afraid to be left with a place that's not ideal. Argh! Leicester! :confused:

You'll get into Newcastle accommodation, don't worry. If you "firm" it you are guarenteed a place. And even the places considered the worst halls are really good. The ones like Victoria Halls or Castle Leazes (which are usually everyones first place) are not great in reality!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by warmlaptop
You'll get into Newcastle accommodation, don't worry. If you "firm" it you are guarenteed a place. And even the places considered the worst halls are really good. The ones like Victoria Halls or Castle Leazes (which are usually everyones first place) are not great in reality!

Wow thanks for your advice :smile: since I can't take a look at the accommodation I've to base it on the pictures at the site then, but will take into consideration what you've said. Thanks!
To those who've got offers: Did you receive a letter through the post from Leicester after receiving your offer? Thanks.
Original post by jamil78613
To those who've got offers: Did you receive a letter through the post from Leicester after receiving your offer? Thanks.

yep. It was a couple of days afterwards.
Man had my interview on the 28th march. Has anyone from last week's interviews heard anything yet ?
Reply 1366
Original post by sherlock holmes
Man had my interview on the 28th march. Has anyone from last week's interviews heard anything yet ?

hey

i havnt heard anything and i got interviewed on the 1st march
the wait is unbearable especially as this is my last hope of medicine next year
This thread's been pretty quiet recently - hope you guys get the news you're after and pretty soon might I add :redface:
Original post by fallenangel
This thread's been pretty quiet recently - hope you guys get the news you're after and pretty soon might I add :redface:

I'm hoping sometime next week tbh
Original post by Davidragon
I'm hoping sometime next week tbh

Yeah I think once the easter weekend is over, Leicester will be able to send out their offers.

Have you got any other offers mate?
Original post by fallenangel
Yeah I think once the easter weekend is over, Leicester will be able to send out their offers.

Have you got any other offers mate?

Nope, all in on Leicester; I'll be firming it in a heartbeat if I get an offer. It's not too bad because Leicester seems like a great uni and the teaching style appeals to me the most out of all the universities I applied to. It's scary knowing this my last shot though :frown:
Reply 1371
Nope, all in on Leicester; I'll be firming it in a heartbeat if I get an offer. It's not too bad because Leicester seems like a great uni and the teaching style appeals to me the most out of all the universities I applied to. It's scary knowing this my last shot though :frown:

I really hope you get an offer from leicester! best of luck with everything!
will you apply again if you don't?
Original post by 301lw
I really hope you get an offer from leicester! best of luck with everything!
will you apply again if you don't?

Thanks.

I dislike the idea of a year out of education, but I might have to. I'll have to see how it goes. I've tried pretty hard through this entire process so hopefully my efforts will be rewarded :|.
I hope "after easter" means we'll send you an offer tomorrow, Simon, thanks for being such a top guy...

that's never normally what it means. :frown:
Original post by Metastasis
Wow thanks for your advice :smile: since I can't take a look at the accommodation I've to base it on the pictures at the site then, but will take into consideration what you've said. Thanks!

It's okay. If you need any advice let me know. :smile: x
hi guys,
was hoping for some advice from everyone,
i've decided which uni im firming (notts) and i need to apply for accomodation there asap since most people already have.. but i cant apply until i've firmed it, and i cant firm until i've heard from leicester. i'm thinking maybe i should withdraw my application from leicester? but then the interview and everything would have been a waste and i'll have that "you'll never know" feeling.. so should i just wait it out in the hope that they're going to reply within the next day or two or withdraw now? :s-smilie:
thanks
Original post by abhatti1994
hi guys,
was hoping for some advice from everyone,
i've decided which uni im firming (notts) and i need to apply for accomodation there asap since most people already have.. but i cant apply until i've firmed it, and i cant firm until i've heard from leicester. i'm thinking maybe i should withdraw my application from leicester? but then the interview and everything would have been a waste and i'll have that "you'll never know" feeling.. so should i just wait it out in the hope that they're going to reply within the next day or two or withdraw now? :s-smilie:
thanks

I'm fairly sure you can firm any time you want. If you've decided you want to go to Notts, go ahead and firm it.

Edit: I withdraw that statement. It appears you can't do this without cancelling the other o.0
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm fairly sure you can firm any time you want. If you've decided you want to go to Notts, go ahead and firm it.

Edit: I withdraw that statement. It appears you can't do this without cancelling the other o.0

exactly dude.... :s-smilie:
Leicester!! The wait is actually killing me D:
I GOT IN!!! Amazing, my interview was 31st Jan for graduate entry, so had kind of given up hope :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending