The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Which halls?

I'll be a medical student at Plymouth in September, and will be applying for an en suite. This gives me the choice of:
Alexandra Works Cluster flats
Central Point Cluster flats
Francis Drake Hall of Residence
Mary Newman Hall of Residence
Pilgrim Hall of Residence
Radnor Hall of Residence
Robbins Hall of Residence
St Thomas Court Cluster flats

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which halls to avoid, insight into which are best for what etc? I've never looked around the whole of Plymouth so I don't know how close the city centre is to the campus either. :frown:
Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Dandy Lion
I'll be a medical student at Plymouth in September, and will be applying for an en suite. This gives me the choice of:
Alexandra Works Cluster flats
Central Point Cluster flats
Francis Drake Hall of Residence
Mary Newman Hall of Residence
Pilgrim Hall of Residence
Radnor Hall of Residence
Robbins Hall of Residence
St Thomas Court Cluster flats

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which halls to avoid, insight into which are best for what etc? I've never looked around the whole of Plymouth so I don't know how close the city centre is to the campus either. :frown:
Thanks!

hi, you dont get a choice they allocate everyone! Im a first year now and im in radnor! it is really nice and i love it! Central Point is more of a walk and isnt owned by the uni... it is quite nice tho my friend lives there! Robbins flats range in sizes and the amount of people that share! mary newman and francis drake are also nice and are both right on campus. i dont know much about st thomas court or alexandra works sorry. Both Robbins and Radnor are only 2-5 mins walk from campus.

I would say you would want Francis Drake, Mary Newman, Radnor or Robbins.

Hope this helps!
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Ah okay, thank you so much! That's one less decision to make then haha. They all look decent anyway and not too far away from anywhere :smile:
Reply 3
I was just about to apply for accommodation, but was wondering where you spend most of the first year as a med student. Is it the John Bull building near Derriford hospital? I thought this because that is where all the letters are coming from.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Reply 4
I was also wondering this, I didn't realise that the hospital isn't actually very near the campus! The John Bull building is where I had my interview and had some lecture theatres so could be...(so glad I've done my research :s-smilie:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending