The Student Room Group

MSc accounting and Finance

Hi guys,

I am an applicant to the MSc program in accounting and finance at LSE.

I have finished my bachelor with an average GPA of 3.9 and a gmat score of 680 and I have short work experience in the accounting field.

Even if I have a strong GPA and a decent GMAT score, I fear that I will not be admitted to the program as I applied in late March. Even if there are rolling applications, at this stage the application requirements are very competitive, as the class is mostly formed...
Which other courses in the field do you think I have a high chance to get in?

Can you share your views with me?

Thank you!
Reply 1
Msc Finance and Economics, they both share similar modules though Economics contains more econometric. But depends what industry, career your going for...
Thank you :smile: but do you think I have a serious chance at this stage to be admitted to the accounting and finance program at LSE?
Reply 3
Original post by accountingandfinan
Thank you :smile: but do you think I have a serious chance at this stage to be admitted to the accounting and finance program at LSE?

Well from the small information you've posted. I don't know.

What you did for your Bachelors. Accounting and Finance?
What did you do in your short work experience?

Put your name forward, doesn't hurt to try. Make sure your academic references, referee, statement are good. There's a possibility.
Reply 4
Don't Apply: Chance = 0
Apply: Chance > 0

good luck :biggrin:
Reply 5
I got the 4th email that my documents are processed on the 1st of March and got an offer on the 3rd of April. The program is even still listed as Open instead of Limited Availability or Closed like many others. Plus, people decline their offers all the time. In fact I am almost certain I will decline my offer too. I would not worry too much about it.
(edited 11 years ago)
cc
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
I don't think you will have to wait until July. I waited for a month, add a month because of the Easter vacation and you should get an answer by the end of May.
Got an offer from another very good university, which is completely free - Stockholm School of Economics. Plus, I am doing my bachelors in the UK and I hate it, so I want to leave.

Quick Reply