The Student Room Group

Psychology G543 exam- June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Does anyone have the january 2012 G543 (options applied) paper??

please could you give it to me thanks :smile:
Hey im doing G543 too and the ammount of studies we have to learn is silly!
im also doing health & forensic and i think forensic is soo much better !
ill be watching this thread as i need as much help possible! :biggrin:
Reply 42
Original post by Hanz_a93
Thanks!! +rep!

what did u get for this paper btw? the G543 one

I didn't take the G543 exam this is for the g544 exam and i got a D for this in January.

Does anyone have the january 2012 G543 (options applied) paper??

please could you give it to me thanks

I don't have the actual paper on me but i've been given all of the questions from the first exam to the Jan 2012.
Reply 43
Original post by akindrat18
I didn't take the G543 exam this is for the g544 exam and i got a D for this in January.

I don't have the actual paper on me but i've been given all of the questions from the first exam to the Jan 2012.

Ahh i see,

could i have the jan 2012 question please?? thanks!! :smile:
Reply 44
Ahh i see,

could i have the jan 2012 question please?? thanks!! :smile:

Health & Clinical Questions

1(a) Explain why people may not adhere to medical regimes?
1(b) Discuss the difficulties of researching adherence to medical regimes?
2(a) Outline the social approach to managing stress?
2(b) Compare techniques for managing stress?
3(a) Describe research into biases in diagnosis?
3(b) Evaluate the reliability of diagnosis of dysfunctional behaviour?
4(a) Describe a behavioural treatment for dysfunctional behaviour?
4(b) Discuss ethical considerations regarding the treatment of dysfunctional behaviour?

Forensic Psychology Questions

1(a) Outline evidence which shows that genes may influence criminal behaviour?
1(b) To what extent are biological explanations of why people turn to crime reductionist?
2(a) Outline techniques for interrogation of crime suspects?
2(b) How useful is research into interviewing suspects?
3(a) Describe research into the effect of shields and videotape on children giving evidence?
3(b) Discuss difficulties which may be encountered when researching witness appeal?
4(a) How has ear acupuncture been used as a treatment programme?
4(b) Compare the strengths of different offender treatment programmes?
Reply 45
I'm doing Health and Forensic. It's so much to remember. Dx

Can someone tell me how you are supposed to evaluate Zimbardo's and Haney's 'The past and future of prison policy in the USA?' It's a summary of changes and suggestions to the prison system... not sure what or how to evaluate. :s
Reply 46
Original post by Tay594
YAY a thread for G543 and thankfully most people are doing crime and health :smile:
Ugh so worried about this exam - Starting revision tomorrow finally!
I don't know how we're expected to learn all of these studies but I am thinking of leaving one topic out for each.

Thankfully I only need 70/100 UMS to get an A over all!

I’m doing this. Seems pointless to revise them all when there will definitely be questions covering 3 of the topics. You would only need to revise 2 topics and be guaranteed at least one question, but I’ve decided to revise 3 topics for both crime and health so that I’ll have I bit of a choice.
Reply 47
What i have decided to do is revise all 8 topics for this paper, but i am going to do it by revising my 4 favourite topics less and my 4 least favourite topics more:

Healthy Living - Least Favourite
Stress - Favourite
Dysfunctional Behaviour - Favourite
Disorders- Favourite

Turning to Crime - Favourite
Making a Case - Least Favourite
Reaching a Verdict - Favourite
After a Verdict - Least Favourite
Reply 48
What i have decided to do is revise all 8 topics for this paper, but i am going to do it by revising my 4 favourite topics less and my 4 least favourite topics more:

Healthy Living - Least Favourite
Stress - Favourite
Dysfunctional Behaviour - Favourite
Disorders- Favourite

Turning to Crime - Favourite
Making a Case - Least Favourite
Reaching a Verdict - Favourite
After a Verdict - Least Favourite

You dont find healthy living interesting?! curse you! :redface: :P
Im doing the same xD

btw thanks for them exam questions dude! :biggrin:
Reply 49
You dont find healthy living interesting?! curse you! :redface: :P
Im doing the same xD

btw thanks for them exam questions dude! :biggrin:

No i don't, i think its just a tad boring than all the other topics.

Well your welcome, i got them off my psychology teacher and she has typed up all of the past exam questions for G543 from Jan 2010 to Jan 2012.

How many exams have you got to do in May/June?
Reply 50
Original post by princess271
I think this exams is the hardest out of all the psychology exams I've done so far,
I've got A's and B's in all the other exams, but seem to be getting really bad grades on the practise mocks for this upcoming exam, for this exam I think you need to practise doing lots of essays, and how to answer the questions to get the full 10/15 marks, just revising for the studies wont help..:smile: x

Yeah, me too :/ I've mainly been getting A's in the other exams but this one I just can't get A's at :frown: I've been doing loads of practice essays anyway but I just can't remember the studies :-( I have a horrible feeling I'll be sat in the exam and just not know what to write because I can't remember the study x
Reply 51
Can we use studies from the AS course too? would we get marked down for that?
Reply 52
Original post by 123emily

You could do, but it is not advised and i don't think that you would get marked down for it as long as you refer back to the question.
Reply 53
Does anyone have any 'model' answers for any health question that they could share?

Reply 54
i genuinely do not understand how you are meant to remember so much? is OCr having a laugh?
i am jus going to learn structure for 15 marker very well so that i gain some marks, there is no way i can reemmber any of this. i have 11 exams lol...
10 markers on pure research just suck. Other borads are apparently way easier.

+ Treatment for dysfunctional behaviour has never come up? am i right?
Reply 55
Original post by goku12
i genuinely do not understand how you are meant to remember so much? is OCr having a laugh?
i am jus going to learn structure for 15 marker very well so that i gain some marks, there is no way i can reemmber any of this. i have 11 exams lol...
10 markers on pure research just suck. Other borads are apparently way easier.

+ Treatment for dysfunctional behaviour has never come up? am i right?

No I don't think treatments for DB has, but it has come up for MD (Mental Disorders) which, for a lot of the time, can also be used in DB essays (and vice versa).

As for learning so much... My teacher has only taught us 3 topics from each section, Health & Crime. So we did Turning to Crime, Reaching a Verdict, After a Guilty Verdict... And Stress, DB, MD. If you've done all 4 sections, drop one.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by 123emily

Yes you can - and no it's not advised AGAINST, my teacher said we can use AS studies if we want to so long as they are relevant to the topic.
Reply 57
Original post by goussberry
No I don't think treatments for DB has, but it has come up for MD (Mental Disorders) which, for a lot of the time, can also be used in DB essays (and vice versa).

As for learning so much... My teacher has only taught us 3 topics from each section, Health & Crime. So we did Turning to Crime, Reaching a Verdict, After a Guilty Verdict... And Stress, DB, MD. If you've done all 4 sections, drop one.

nah we've only done 3 from each as well, but still im finding it crazy cos i have 11 exams but its even if i had just this exam to revise for i would feel that i wouldnt be able to get good marks since its just so much to remember and then ontop of that its application too
oh right yeh i meant for dsycfunctional behaviour, we don't do disorders
Reply 58
No i don't, i think its just a tad boring than all the other topics.

Well your welcome, i got them off my psychology teacher and she has typed up all of the past exam questions for G543 from Jan 2010 to Jan 2012.

How many exams have you got to do in May/June?

ahh i see, i like healthy living and stress because they seem soo biology based to me kinda lol :/

i have 6 exams, all a2, in june what about u??
Reply 59
OCR is so fkin annoying! The day i plan to revise hardcore for psychology only, the website goes down for maintenance, -_-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending