The Student Room Group

Jaguar/Land Rover Apprenticeship Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Does anyone here applied for this apprenticeship scheme for the second time?
Reply 21
Does anyone have the test on Friday? at the Warwick Trident College?
I recently applied to the higher appreticeship and I am taking the entry level exams tomorrow. While I was looking around for other stuff I found rolls royse run a similar scheme, I am not sure of what it entails but if you are interested in engineering it might be worth looking into.
Reply 23
Good Luck to everyone who is having their Entry Test today :smile:
Out of curiosity, if anyone did the entry test today what % did you get on the maths exam? the advanced test?
Reply 25
I applied for the Higher scheme at Halewood and took my numerical test at Bootle yesterday morning... It wasn't too bad apart from I couldn't remember some parts of my GCSE maths >.< (but that was at least 5 years ago :P ). Anyways, I received a text and an email this afternoon informing me that I'm through to the next stage : Psychometric assessment and tour of the facilities :smile:

(Though I've checked on some other forums and it sounds like the numerical test is on a pass/fail status and that you really need to the impressing at the interview :/ )

Good Luck everyone! :smile:
Reply 26
I was wondering if anyone could help me out, I took the maths test around a month ago and got 76% but haven't heard back from JLR. Does this mean that I haven't passed? I at least expected a reply saying that I had failed.
Reply 27
Hi all,

I did the numerical test for the advanced scheme for Halewood, at Bootle in April and got 95%. Although I haven't heard anything back yet.

Does anyone know if they have replied to everyone who has got to the next stage?

Cheers
Reply 28
Dude, I got a B in Maths. I got 4 B's and 7 C's altogether and I got through to the final stage. You don't need to be academically clever to progress through the application. You have to ou across that you're hard working. The man there said that they keep checking th original applications to differentiate people. You could do it if you really tried :smile:
Reply 29
out of curiosity has anybody done the psychometric tests and what did you think of them :smile:?
Reply 30
someone said they got 76% and never heard back?

i got 75% and they've emailed me back..

but apprently it isnt all about the score, its also about you application form too, and how you are as a person :smile:
Reply 31
ahh right i got 82% on the initial maths tests, and have my psychometric tests on thursday 31st may, yeah the guy said at the first tests that it isn't all about the score - its the whole picture. what did you think of the psychometric tests - assuming you have sat them :smile:?
Reply 32
I got 89% in the first test and took the phychometric tests last 2 weeks ago there pretty simple tbh but the applications are marked as well they count towards part of it.
LOL OMG the third test with the weird inputs and outputs and shapes?, what the actual F??!?? the first two were so simple, then that, was it just me? everyone else just seemed to look at it like "yeah thats simple"? I actually guessed roughly half of them

I guess I wont be attending the assesment center
Reply 34
Original post by travispickle
LOL OMG the third test with the weird inputs and outputs and shapes?, what the actual F??!?? the first two were so simple, then that, was it just me? everyone else just seemed to look at it like "yeah thats simple"? I actually guessed roughly half of them

I guess I wont be attending the assesment center

I did the psychometric tests on the 14th May, I struggled on the second test myself which I just couldnt get my head into for wanting to finish all the Q's! But surprised to recieve a callback for an assessment centre so don't dismiss yourself just yet!
Original post by BigClive89
I did the psychometric tests on the 14th May, I struggled on the second test myself which I just couldnt get my head into for wanting to finish all the Q's! But surprised to recieve a callback for an assessment centre so don't dismiss yourself just yet!

The first two tests were nice, just the time limit got me on the 2nd I dont remember hearing how much time we had, so half the 2nd test I didnt complete, last test was genuinely all guesswork, I actually didnt "do" a single question, just for some of them I looked at the last process thing and if it didnt work picked that one, so for some of them it was made easy.

Theres no way I could have got above 50% correct overall so there must be quite a few downs going through, because I got an email to the next stage too :s-smilie:
Reply 36
I got 91% in my maths test :smile: then I did my psychometric testing. Found the first 2 pretty easy, missed about 3 questions on the 2nd one due to lack of time. 3rd one made me think a bit but nothing too serious, missed out 5 of those though :frown: got through to the final stage though! I really hope I get the apprenticeship!
Reply 37
Original post by Tocyard
I got 91% in my maths test :smile: then I did my psychometric testing. Found the first 2 pretty easy, missed about 3 questions on the 2nd one due to lack of time. 3rd one made me think a bit but nothing too serious, missed out 5 of those though :frown: got through to the final stage though! I really hope I get the apprenticeship!

I had my psychometric test on the 17th of May and haven't heard back as of yet, just wondering when you had yours and how quickly they got back to you?
Reply 38
Original post by sambaynham
I had my psychometric test on the 17th of May and haven't heard back as of yet, just wondering when you had yours and how quickly they got back to you?

Same here..
Original post by Liam_W_
Same here..

Same here :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest